Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Silverado is showing its age

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

My Silverado is showing its age Empty
PostSubject: My Silverado is showing its age   My Silverado is showing its age EmptyFebruary 5th 2023, 12:56 pm

I notice that there was a drip on the ground below the radiator. It turns out the transmission lines to the cooler are rusted and leaking. My son took it to work and noticed not only were the lines leaking, but the cooler was also. He replaced them on Saturday with OEM parts not cheap.
My truck had an check engine light on and showed problems with the fuel evap system. We replaced the filter, solenoid, and gas cap and cleared the codes. I went to inspection and still failed. My son did a smoke test and we found it leaking on the fuel pump top where it locks. Another OEM pump at $280. My son will take it to work and replace it during the week.
I'm glad he can fix it at work, not a job I would like to do without a lift.

Diesel Dan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: My Silverado is showing its age   My Silverado is showing its age EmptyMarch 2nd 2023, 10:04 pm

It gets expensive fast these days. Nice to have family in the business.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: My Silverado is showing its age   My Silverado is showing its age EmptyMarch 7th 2023, 1:04 pm

I have gotten the problem fixed but the computer is giving me a hard time resetting itself.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: My Silverado is showing its age   My Silverado is showing its age EmptyMarch 24th 2023, 4:38 pm

After 2 months my truck passed inspection. Beside the fixed problems, it took the whole time for the computer to reset itself. Now I'm good for 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: My Silverado is showing its age   My Silverado is showing its age EmptyMarch 27th 2023, 12:03 am

That has to be a relief.
My drivers are a 1988 V30(6.2), 1994 C1500(6.5TD) and a 2006 LBZ.
Wife gets a 2019 Canyon(2.8L).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Silverado is showing its age   My Silverado is showing its age Empty

Back to top Go down

My Silverado is showing its age
Page 1 of 1