Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ukraine, full scale invasion ?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Ukraine, full scale invasion ? Empty
PostSubject: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyFebruary 23rd 2022, 7:03 pm

So what will be the final outcome? Full scale invasion or will Putin settle for the breakaway and think NATO will negotiate a truce?

pup

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyFebruary 23rd 2022, 7:08 pm

He'll take whatever he wants. Europe is too dependent on Russian oil and gas...
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyFebruary 25th 2022, 1:12 am

Meanwhile, China is watching how global powers react and using that data for it's plans on Taiwan.

Will Russia try and take all Ukraine and then have its state of Belarus push to the north and "reclaim" their Baltic states too?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyFebruary 25th 2022, 2:04 pm

Putin knows better than to screw with NATO members, if your not NATO he knows we won't do anything.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyFebruary 26th 2022, 2:01 am

TheQuig wrote:
Putin knows better than to screw with NATO members, if your not NATO he knows we won't do anything.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Belarus is a Russian state and they are engaged in a "hybrid" war with Poland, Lithuania and Latvia. Belarus, probably with support from Russia, has been actively bringing people from all over the middle east and using them to soften the boarders of those nato nations. Immigrants have stated Belarus authorities supplied them with wire cutters, axes and told them where to cross into said countries.

Poland border crisis

Ukraine, full scale invasion ? Poland10
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyFebruary 26th 2022, 8:47 pm

Thats interesting to know.

So far Im surprised and happy with the resistance the Ukrainians have been able to provide.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyFebruary 28th 2022, 6:03 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an internal coup to remove him from office and end the needless misery. Hopefully his political future is on a tight rope.

Diesel Dan likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 2nd 2022, 11:17 am

Diesel Dan wrote:
TheQuig wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Belarus is a Russian state and they are engaged in a "hybrid" war with Poland, Lithuania and Latvia. Belarus, probably with support from Russia, has been actively bringing people from all over the middle east and using them to soften the boarders of those nato nations. Immigrants have stated Belarus authorities supplied them with wire cutters, axes and told them where to cross into said countries.

Poland border crisis

Ukraine, full scale invasion ? Poland10

Russia is pushing Belarus to start regional problems. In a heartbeat, if troops from Belarus were to attack any of the NATO members WWIII will happen. Ukraine is asking people from around the world to come and fight with them against Russia.

Is Putin actually crazy or is he trying to bluff? I don't know.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 2nd 2022, 4:43 pm

He has oil prices at about $112 a barrel...that's his goal. Drive those prices as high as he can.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 2nd 2022, 6:00 pm

He's so far down the path he almost has nothing to lose. He'll probably do something even more crazy to show how serious he is with the hope of the west backing down. Maybe launch a small tactical nuke into the ocean? The question is how much support he has from ranking generals and those with fingers on red buttons.

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 2nd 2022, 8:34 pm

No telling how far he's willing to go to save face now.
Ukraine didn't fold in days like he was hoping.
Short of a Russian coup I'd expect things to ramp up as anything short of total annexation will be viewed as a military loss now.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 5th 2022, 12:57 pm

He will keep the war going until he can install a puppet govt to use as a buffer between Russia and NATO countries or he goes the way of Stalin. Im really hoping he dies some mysterious death SOON and this can all be stopped.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 10th 2022, 12:46 pm

Ukraine, full scale invasion ? Fjb110
Brandon+Putin=Stretched Anus at the Pump
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 10th 2022, 7:29 pm

How high will it go? I paid $4.29 on Monday, still the same price but I know it will go up.

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 10th 2022, 11:26 pm

Hanging around $3.59-3.69 around here.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 11th 2022, 2:59 am

Diesel in my area $4.99-5.49
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 11th 2022, 1:33 pm

Paid 4.69 on Wednesday...it was 5.29 yesterday.
Bit of price gouging going on IMHO.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 11th 2022, 2:06 pm

Some people are guessing $7 will be the new normal.
On days that I work the same school as my wife, I'll ride in with her. I don't do that now as I can leave earlier than she can. Today, I'm done at 12:20, she can't leave until 2:15.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 11th 2022, 3:05 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Some people are guessing $7 will be the new normal.

The country won't put up with that, or put up with $5 much longer either.
Working Americans just can't sustain that kind of prolonged financial hit.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 11th 2022, 10:00 pm

I need to figure out a way to have someone else pick the kid up from school so I can get back to riding the motorcycle to work. It gets 3 times the mileage compared to what the pickup gets.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 11th 2022, 11:06 pm

I was really surprised this week. The gas lines at Costco are crazy around here. Maybe this is the calm before the storm. Could it all start to bite the consumer pocketbook? The old global economy might be gone for now. We'll see how strong the Russian-China ties are.  

I read the left is wanting to pass a bill to take a big chunk of oil company profits and write checks to Americans. As if we can turn a switch and overnight everyone is driving an EV and powering homes with the sun. And of course the administration didn't do anything to discourage US oil production etc...
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 12th 2022, 4:42 pm

Gas actually went down today. At Costco i paid $4.17. One station in town was the same price.

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 13th 2022, 1:19 pm

I paid $4.35 at Costco on Thursday for regular - today it's up a few pennies to $4.39. Otherwise best case is $4.59 at other outlets. At least we aren't hitting $5 or $6 a gallon.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 14th 2022, 7:46 pm

So we are into week 3 and russia still has no major footprint in Kyiv?

Don't think it's going as planned, jmo.
Shock and awe is now ground and pound. Estimated over $100B in lost infrastructure for Ukraine. Sad
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 15th 2022, 9:04 am

Putin has no choice but to keep pounding away. His ego is too big to stop the fighting. I fear that if any bombs hit into Poland we will be in the war.

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 15th 2022, 1:22 pm

He wont stop until the whole country is leveled or someone puts a bullet in him.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 16th 2022, 4:32 pm

Biden is the Trump Dems warned us about.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 17th 2022, 5:54 pm

They say Putin's M.O is to surround Kyiv, stop supply shipments, and starve them out. That sounds like another red-line.

Biden told the world the US won't move on another country with nukes. That adds motivation for Iran, North Korea, etc to get nukes. It won't be long and we'll need world maps and globes that adjust country borders in real-time.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 18th 2022, 9:13 am

At this point Russia does not seem to have a solid game plan on what they are doing. They will face war crimes once this is over. If they are having this much trouble with Ukraine, they would be pretty stupid to try to bomb supply lines in NATO countries. Putin doesn't have a plan B, he pretty much blew this one.

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? EmptyMarch 21st 2022, 5:57 pm

If Russia is allowed to keep any of Ukraine then that will embolden other bullies. That includes Crimea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ukraine, full scale invasion ?   Ukraine, full scale invasion ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ukraine, full scale invasion ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next