Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Flags in the classroom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

American Flags in the classroom Empty
PostSubject: American Flags in the classroom   American Flags in the classroom EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 11:13 am

Yesterday, while working at our Law Enforcement Academy, the classroom I was in had a gay pride streamer hanging off the American flag. Considering this is a school for students that want to go into law enforcement, military, or public service field I can't understand why the school allows this. Nothing gets placed above the American flag and I find this totally offensive.

The teacher in this class is a totally woke person which I don't agree with but I just ignore it. Three of the teachers are ex state police major, a captain and LT from regular police departments. None of them agiree that should be hanging off the flag but they tell me just go with the flow and not say anything. As a substitute you are at the bottom of the food chain and have no input on what goes on. On the other hand my cousin is the Superintendent of the district but I don't like to ask her for anything work related. It just flat out pisses me off.

While I don't care what adults do in private, I don't think schools should push their agenda on these students. I can say that this is not common in our district. My wife happens to be in the classroom next door, she never noticed the flag. Nothing I can do but vent at this time.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: American Flags in the classroom   American Flags in the classroom EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 4:32 pm

This country is fucked. Stone cold fucked.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: American Flags in the classroom   American Flags in the classroom EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 5:23 pm

Our district has 7 high schools. I will only work at 2 that are fairly close and have full time students unlike our others where students from our county that send students for 2 hours a day.
In the schools I work at, the law enforcement academy students all recite the Pledge very loud. At the other STEM school I am the only one in class saying the pledge and at times I have had to ask students to at least stand up.
Again, as a contract employee if I say something I'm the problem.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: American Flags in the classroom   American Flags in the classroom EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 5:53 pm

The schools teaching our kids to hate our country will end badly for all of us.

Diesel Dan and theshyguy like this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: American Flags in the classroom   American Flags in the classroom EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 7:33 pm

^^^^^^^^
I agree. When my daughter left for college in Georgia I thought she will come home a redneck. Quite the opposite. I'm seeing a lot of woke thinking that I don't like. My other 4 kids are normal Republicans.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: American Flags in the classroom   American Flags in the classroom EmptyFebruary 19th 2022, 9:59 pm

Gotta wonder how much further things can go. It's hard to not feel like there's a planned conspiracy to create social chaos. The radicals say discomfort is needed for change but seemingly only if it applies to their belief system.

theshyguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Flags in the classroom   American Flags in the classroom Empty

Back to top Go down

American Flags in the classroom
Page 1 of 1