Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Sniper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

American Sniper Empty
PostSubject: American Sniper   American Sniper EmptyJune 14th 2015, 9:23 pm

Finally got to watch the movie last weekend, watched it twice actually.
I like Bradley Cooper but not in this role. I won't say much about the movie itself in case you haven't seen it, but in the opening scene, U.S. troops advancing up a street in Iraq with Chris Kyle covering them from a roof top. The first thing I notice is the M1A1 Abrams is really a M-60 tank made to look like an Abrams by modifying the turret only. You can tell by the body of the tank and lack of side armor around the treads this is not the real deal. I know, small detail, but this is already a sign to me that the movie studio went the cheap route in production of this portrait of an American hero.
It's a movie worth watching but I don't think it will be a "classic" must watch war movie.

American Sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Sniper   American Sniper EmptyJune 14th 2015, 9:33 pm

More a glorified documentary. Definitely worth a watch in my opinion, but no blockbuster. Like a lot of recent movies, it was way over-hyped.

As for the tid-bit about the tank... Being ex-military, there are too many instances in war movies where Hollywood over sentationalizes the hell out of military equipment and capabilities, but the average Joe will likely not pick up on it. You have to shrug off stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

American Sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Sniper   American Sniper EmptyJune 15th 2015, 12:11 pm

I'm sure I missed a lot of military mistakes, but the tank jumped right out at me.

American Sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Sniper   American Sniper EmptySeptember 18th 2015, 9:24 pm

I finally got around to watching the American Sniper. It was pretty good but I couldn't take my eyes off that thin sheet metal. They could have pulled it off if only they moved the cameras to less revealing angles.

I also watched the Fury tank movie. It was good too but again there were a few scenes and props that didn't make much sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

American Sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Sniper   American Sniper Empty

Back to top Go down

American Sniper
Page 1 of 1