Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Part Waiting Hell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyNovember 26th 2021, 5:17 pm

It probably isn't anyone's fault. It's just a sign of the times.

Thanks to covid our daily driver 2017 CRV was down for almost 2 months while we waited on a part via the Long Beach container port. Unfortunately it's one of those parts that disable the vehicle. The black box interfaces between the dash panel, ipad monitor, ignition, vehicle security, doors, windows, sensors - pretty much everything.

When it happens you quickly realize the more stuff you own/use, the more complicated the item is, the more chance you will experience Part Waiting Hell!

The only solution might be car rentals, buy a new or used vehicle, or borrow a vehicle. We opted for the latter since we lent our car to my daughter while attending college. The other options are very expensive today.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyNovember 27th 2021, 11:58 am

It seems that lately I have had to do a lot of minor repairs to my truck. Highbeam switch, window switch, new battery, all new brakes, rotors and drums, pads etc. Luckily, I have been able to get the parts but don't have the variety of brands like there was before Covid.

2 months for parts sucks, but in these times I guess it is normal for now.

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyNovember 27th 2021, 4:52 pm

For sure. I forgot to mention I checked local junk yards and ebay daily for the used part but no go. In this case it didn't hurt to have that long in the tooth extra vehicle waiting in the wings.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyNovember 27th 2021, 7:37 pm

Can the local junk yards do an online search? In the future I think these salvage yards are going to get popular.
In the past, one junk yard near me would have a weekend per month where you paid a flat rate for as many parts you can carry. My friend took a hood off a car and used that to haul the parts out.
I need a motor for my drivers seat but it is too expensive to buy. My friend drives a wrecker and said that at some point they would tow in a wrecked truck like mine and after the insurance company declares it a total, I could take parts off it. Not the ideal way to get parts but still a source.

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyNovember 27th 2021, 9:40 pm

Some are set up for online requests but aren't too responsive. I just call to see if they might have the same model year trimmed vehicle. The dealership was willing to do the install if I could find one. I'm glad the part finally arrived.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyDecember 16th 2021, 8:20 pm

A guy my wife bowls with had a small SUV, I think I might have been a Honda CRV that was a year old. He loved it he said. He got side swiped by a lady trying to go straight in a turn lane and due to parts shortages the insurance totaled the car out.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyDecember 16th 2021, 10:12 pm

Hopefully you will get the needed parts. Good luck.

TheQuig

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyJanuary 23rd 2022, 12:31 pm

Any update on getting the parts you need?

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyFebruary 19th 2022, 10:03 pm

Sorry I didn't see this. Yes, the part arrived after about 2 months and it is back on the road again!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 12:04 pm

Good for you.

Part Waiting Hell  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part Waiting Hell    Part Waiting Hell  Empty

Back to top Go down

Part Waiting Hell
Page 1 of 1