Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Testing Solar for the Camper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Testing Solar for the Camper Empty
PostSubject: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 9th 2021, 1:21 pm

Camper came with a 50w solar panel and a 75ah battery.
I added 100 watts(150w total now), replaced the 75ah with 2 110ah batteries.

Also have the 3500w inverter generator we are bringing to Colorado with us this year as a suppliment for if/when the batteries need it.

Factory testing shows with just the 12v only fridge on, and their crap battery, the 50w panel kept up the charge for 77hrs in ideal conditions(75F and full sun).

Cloudy here today, breaking up, with sun the rest of the week. Gonna be a bit warmer too. Should get a decent idea on how long it will go. Be cooler in Colorado. June is usually sunny there too.

Been wanting to get this tested, but its rained about 650 days in a row now...finally quit yesterday afternoon. Lake is 10ft high. Ground is super saturated. Humid as the jungle out there now too.

Testing Solar for the Camper Solar10
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 9th 2021, 8:53 pm

Sounds like you are good to go. Will you need heat at night?

a

pup

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 9th 2021, 10:21 pm

Maybe..it gets down into the 40's at least. Maybe lower where we'll be.
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 10th 2021, 1:07 pm

I have 3 100 watt panels on the roof of my 5th wheel and 3 100AH batteries. My 12V fridge runs indefinitely with sun and 90+ degrees. Have a 1100 watt invertor to run small things and a 4800 watt generator to run A/C. Need to dump the black water before power goes away unless I act like a bear in the woods.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 11th 2021, 2:26 pm

I'm gonna pick up another 100w panel tomorrow for a bit extra capacity.

Changed the oil and filters in the Truck and RZR today too. Went to the Synthetic Rotella T6 5w40(recommended weight for towing) this time...switched from the regular Motorcraft 10w30 Diesel its been running...immediately quieted down the engine. Put it in the RZR too since I had 3qts left over from the 4gallons I bought.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 11th 2021, 2:58 pm

When I had my diesel I used the Rotella T. I thought it kept the engine quiet, was a good value. Every so often Tractor Supply will have the 5 gallon bucket on sale.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 13th 2021, 11:40 am

Testing Solar for the Camper Solar110
Added another 100w panel. Should be good to go now.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJune 30th 2021, 9:50 pm

You might want to move those into the sun pup.... just saying. Testing Solar for the Camper 1f60b

How'd they work out on the trip?
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper EmptyJuly 2nd 2021, 10:06 pm

Testing Solar for the Camper 20210611
Testing Solar for the Camper 20210610
Did great..cloudy most of the time..used the Gen some...about 2.5gallons worth on that. Rainy, cooler than normal, but a good trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing Solar for the Camper   Testing Solar for the Camper Empty

Back to top Go down

Testing Solar for the Camper
Page 1 of 1