Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Broken UP latop.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyOctober 19th 2019, 7:58 pm

The HP we bought our daughter 13 months ago won't stay on without holding in the start button. I called Costco and they warranty a second year after the HP warranty expired. Costco sent a box and label to send it in for repair. All free. She now has my laptop until hers is fixed. Between my phone and kindle i can get by for a week or two.

Diesel Dan

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyOctober 23rd 2019, 11:43 pm

I have a HP15 that has worked great for 3 yrs until I dropped it.
Now it needs a hard drive.

Wife has a HP as well and working fine for last 3 years too.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyOctober 24th 2019, 3:53 pm

Got a phone call from Costco yesterday. Said it arrived with the on/off button broken. No crap, that is why I sent it. They will not fix it. Great, now I have to wait on the return and take it to a repair shop. I can see another two weeks of using my kIndle. I had thought of the damage was our fault that they would fix it and charge me for the repair.

I have had my HP for 4 years with no problem but it doesn't go every where and to classes like my daughter's does.

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyOctober 25th 2019, 12:05 am

I get nervous about crashing computers. I might end up shopping for a computer a black friday deal. I'll try to get a CPU with the hardware fix for Meltdown/Spectre. Last I heard the 9th generation K series CPUs are about the only ones other than newer 10th generation CPUs. Of course they are the most expensive chips. The software fix was supposed to slow CPUs by around 6%. I'm surprised there wasn't a class action lawsuit for reduced performance.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyOctober 30th 2019, 9:10 pm

Got fed up waiting for the computer to get fixed. I bought her a new HP Envy today and brought it up to the city. When hers finally gets fixed we'll see which is better, her old one or her new one. We think the old HP, but either way we will have a spare one. It is nice to have mine back. We have no school next week (teacher convention) so Saturday the wife and I are going to Georgia for the week.

pup

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyOctober 31st 2019, 9:44 am

We use HP's here at work for our salesmen..biggest issue I've seen with them is the batteries go to shit and won't charge. Works fine if you keep them plugged in though.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyOctober 31st 2019, 4:51 pm

I agree. This is the second battery for my HP laptop.

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyNovember 2nd 2019, 3:55 pm

I'm saving for a macbookpro. I'm an Apple fan boy. I'd like to get the apple watch that sense heart rate and blood pressure etc. My cardiologist suggested it. Can set the limits for alerts to know when i should go to the emergency room.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyNovember 3rd 2019, 12:19 am

erude wrote:
I'm saving for a macbookpro. I'm an Apple fan boy. I'd like to get the apple watch that sense heart rate and blood pressure etc. My cardiologist suggested it. Can set the limits for alerts to know when i should go to the emergency room.

That will come in handy for you. On Friday I got the estimate to fix it finally. $286. Lot of money but we paid $999 for it. A week to get the parts in and get it running.

TheQuig

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. EmptyNovember 13th 2019, 12:52 pm

I am still waiting for the parts to come in for the computer. On 10/31 I paid for the parts in advance. I called yesterday and was told the parts are coming from California. Unless they are delivering them by pony express, they should have easily arrived last week.

Broken UP latop. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken UP latop.   Broken UP latop. Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken UP latop.
Page 1 of 1