Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 14th 2018, 6:20 pm

On my Chevy 2010 Silverado crew cab, the window trim on the rear door, Part #1 in pic needs to be replaced. Near the top of the trim the trim broke and now lets water in. I bought the new trim, have looked on you tube and forums for days and can't find directions or videos on how to change it out. Do I need to take the inside of the door panel off to undo the clips on the old trim? I paid a lot for the new piece of trim and don't want to screw up how to install it. Any advice would be appreciated. Currently I put calk to keep it somewhat in place but that is a short term fix.

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? Belt_molding

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 14th 2018, 11:18 pm

USUALLY, that stuff just snaps on.
Never replaced any on your model however.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 15th 2018, 4:43 pm

I know there are four clips on the trim, and the new trim doesn't come with any clips. I have a feeling I need to have the window down and the inside door panel off to get the old clips out and put on the new trim.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 19th 2018, 4:06 pm

I called a Chevy dealer today. He asked for my vin, looked it up and said no clips just push down hard and it locks in.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 22nd 2018, 11:54 pm

Howd it go?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 23rd 2018, 12:51 pm

It was an easy job, a little elbow grease to get it off, nothing anyone here couldn't do. Window works fine, no water in the door after rain.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 24th 2018, 2:25 am

Glad to hear it worked out and they didn't make it any harder.
The outside window trim on my '84 just pops off. Only 4-5 clips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?
Page 1 of 1