Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smartphone Hacking

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 10:10 pm

Did anyone watch 60 Mins? Crazy how easy our smartphones are to hack and the cellphone industry denies it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-hacking-your-phone-2/
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 11:58 pm

I didn't see this report but I'm not surprised at all. I bet George Orwell had no idea 1984 was going to turn into a how to guide for the powers that be. Sadly nothing will have to be taken as the population is freely giving away more than governments could have hoped for just a short time ago.

As I post this from my phone.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking EmptySeptember 8th 2016, 12:38 am

I guess we could always opt for Blackphones but I bet they are buttoned down pretty tight.

https://silent-circle.myshopify.com/products/blackphone2

Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking EmptySeptember 8th 2016, 8:11 am

If you read the article it's not so much the phone but the network that connects all carriers, hacker said all phones are the same.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking EmptySeptember 8th 2016, 10:04 am

Get the phone you like and don't keep anything important on it you don't want others to have.

So they were able to listen in on the conversation with just the ctn but were they able to get other information or just the call I wonder.

I'd really like to get comfortable in life financially and then go back to a land line phone and do away with a cell phone except in emergencies. I can fish and relax and not worry about needing to hear from work and everyone all the time expecting me to be readily available.
Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking EmptySeptember 8th 2016, 11:25 am

They were able to get any info(including credit card) from the phone. What was a little disturbing was the fact that they had access to the camera, even if the phone was not active. So they could be watching video from your phone at any time. E-mails as well. Bottom line, don't put anything on your phone you wouldn't want the world to see or know. Now with cameras on both sides you can't even leave your phone out without the possibility of someone watching. The screen can be dark as long as the phone is on. I don't even have to mention they know where you are at, even with the phone off.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking EmptySeptember 8th 2016, 11:25 am

theshyguy wrote:

I'd really like to get comfortable in life financially and then go back to a land line phone and do away with a cell phone except in emergencies. I can fish and relax and not worry about needing to hear from work and everyone all the time expecting me to be readily available.

I'd just like to kill idiots without repercussion. Imagine how much that would pay. I could retire after 1 good day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smartphone Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Hacking   Smartphone Hacking Empty

Back to top Go down

Smartphone Hacking
Page 1 of 1