Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moto X - Google's New Smartphone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Moto X - Google's New Smartphone Empty
PostSubject: Moto X - Google's New Smartphone   Moto X - Google's New Smartphone EmptyMay 31st 2013, 11:56 am

Google's first significant smartphone effort since buying Motorola Wireless is about to materialize later this year. Their goal is to shake up the smartphone biz, reduce ridiculous smartphone pricing, and create a handset with new features/functions. All shots across Apple's bow.

The Moto X will mostly be made in Texas, it'll be contextually aware of what the user is doing and will anticipate the user's needs (picture taking, etc). Google is keeping other tricks a secret for now.

I'm not too keen on the name - seems too close to motox. And gotta wonder how poor battery life will be given it's sensors are reportedly on all the time.

We'll see how it pans out. I'll be in the market for a phone in a few months.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Moto X - Google's New Smartphone   Moto X - Google's New Smartphone EmptyMay 31st 2013, 5:37 pm

I would be curious about the battery life myself. I picked up a Motorola Droid 4 RZR Max HD about 2 months ago and I'm surprised at how long the battery actually lasts.

bones

PostSubject: Re: Moto X - Google's New Smartphone   Moto X - Google's New Smartphone EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 9:25 am

I just ordered a Motorola Atrix HD to replace my personal smartphone that I thought was broke because it wouldn't charge. Now it charges, after I've purchased the new one. Go figure. I'll keep the new one though and we'll see how it holds up. My work phone is a Droid3 and I don't have any battery issues, but I do charge it every night.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Moto X - Google's New Smartphone   Moto X - Google's New Smartphone EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 8:11 pm

When I got my Droid 4, I gave my daughter my Droid 3. Its on its third battery since new.

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: Moto X - Google's New Smartphone   Moto X - Google's New Smartphone EmptyJune 11th 2013, 11:53 am

On the batteries/smartphone, I have a Iphone 5 and am impressed in a bad way. My Iphone 4 was great, 5 sucks.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Moto X - Google's New Smartphone   Moto X - Google's New Smartphone EmptyJune 11th 2013, 3:22 pm

That's the problem with 4G phones - data speeds are so fast the batteries don't last and that's even if you aren't making calls or using the internet.

They need to add more battery saving brain power to the cell tower connection so the phone doesn't maintain such a high connect speed even when not used.

My next phone will be more practical, have better battery life, and less good looks and light feel in the hand.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto X - Google's New Smartphone   Moto X - Google's New Smartphone Empty

Back to top Go down

Moto X - Google's New Smartphone
Page 1 of 1