Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MPG King

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

MPG King Empty
PostSubject: MPG King   MPG King EmptyApril 21st 2016, 9:08 pm

Is the 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel the King of (Pickup) Fuel Efficiency

MPG King Image51

Quote :
Which pickup is the king of highway fuel efficiency? Can it be the 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax? It has a very good chance to beat the highway MPG record on our 98-mile loop due to its 2.8-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine. It produces 181 horsepower @ 3,400 rpm and 369 lb-ft of torque @ 2,000 rpm. It’s mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, so it has a good spread of gear ratios to run at 70 mph on the highway. This Canyon SLT is a crew cab with the short bed. The turbo-diesel is not available in an extended cab configuration.  That is all good news. However, it also has to contend with with additional weight of the 4×4 system.

We run all highway MPG tests the same way. We use a “double-click” fill-up method. We let the fuel pump stop of its own, we wait 30 seconds, and then top off. We use the same truck stop and fuel pump. And we ran the 98-mile highway loop at 70 mph empty or with a trailer in 2WD mode. We return to the pump complete the same fill-up procedure and then calculate the MPGs.

The Canyon Duramax performed very well. It’s relatively quiet and stable at speed. The midsize truck surprised us with a record-breaking 31.3 MPG. This bested the result of the previous record holder, the 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel HFE, which recorded an also impressive 28.8 MPG on the same loop.

Watch the video for all the details on this MPG test.

TFL Truck
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

MPG King Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPG King   MPG King EmptyApril 21st 2016, 10:37 pm

31.3mpg hwy is impressive for a 4wd. Hopefully GM sells it below it's $44K MSRP. Shocked
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

MPG King Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPG King   MPG King EmptyApril 22nd 2016, 11:30 am

Adding the 2.8L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel I-4 engine will change the following:

Add
LT Convenience Package
Exhaust Brake
Sliding rear window, manual
Automatic locking rear differential
EZ-Lift and Lower Tailgate
Fog lamps
Forward Collision Alert1
Tow/Haul Mode
Safety Package
Integrated trailer brake controller
Remote vehicle starter system
16" steel spare wheel
Lane Departure Warning1
Trailering Equipment
Defogger, rear-window, electric
16” spare tire

Remove
18” compact spare tire

Price Change $6,625

That's straight from Chevrolet's site when building one out. It shows the 2.8L as a 4995 option, you check it and it makes you take the rest of that. So, $6625 for the diesel.

Nope.

Just to get into one.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

MPG King Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPG King   MPG King EmptyApril 22nd 2016, 4:33 pm

I want one! As the kids get older, my back seats don't get used very much any more. I want to say Christmas was the last time all 5 of us rode in the same vehicle.

MPG King Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPG King   MPG King EmptyApril 23rd 2016, 4:06 pm

I was looking at a Colorado diesel forum and members are reporting purchasing with a reasonable discount. I guess that shouldn't surprise any of us. The little VM 2.8L diesel price has a bunch of profit margin built in and gawd knows GM wants to move product.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MPG King Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPG King   MPG King Empty

Back to top Go down

MPG King
Page 1 of 1