Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pickup Stamps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Pickup Stamps Empty
PostSubject: Pickup Stamps   Pickup Stamps EmptyJanuary 1st 2016, 10:36 am

United States Postal Service to Release Pickup Truck Stamp Collection in 2016
International Harvester, Chevrolet and Ford Featured

Pickup Stamps Image46

Quote :
“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”

While that’s the motto of the United States Postal Service (USPS), it could well be the slogan for any number of pickup trucks. Their similar missions, getting work done in the face of any circumstance, could be one reason why post offices nationwide will soon be stocking the stamps pictured above, featuring four of America’s most beloved pickups.

Included in the Forever stamp collection are the 1938 International Harvester D-2, 1953 Chevrolet, 1948 Ford F-1, and 1965 Ford F-100, each chosen for the distinct new features they brought to the pickup market.

According to the USPS, the International Harvester’s barrel-shaped grille and elegant styling mirrored the look of luxury cars of the era, with its windswept chrome accents and horizontal hood vents. Similarly, the 1953 Chevrolet’s styling and design gave it great outward visibility and attractive curves. One of Ford’s most famous trucks, the 1948 F-1, had a roomy cab theretofore unheard of in the segment, and the later 1965 F-100 debuted the company’s famous and longstanding Twin I-Beam independent front suspension.

The collection celebrates “the rugged and reliable work vehicles that Americans have driven for nearly a century,” according to a press release from the USPS. Illustrator Chris Lyons penned the attractive imagery under the direction of Antonio Alcalá.

Truck Trend
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

Pickup Stamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Stamps   Pickup Stamps EmptyJanuary 1st 2016, 1:23 pm

Those will be nice stamps. I don't know anyone that doesn't like the old style trucks no matter what the brand.

Pickup Stamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Stamps   Pickup Stamps EmptyJanuary 1st 2016, 1:56 pm

I love seeing those old pickups. Too bad Dodge wasn't seen to have added significantly distinct new features to the pickup but I guess they're FCA now. Smile

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Pickup Stamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Stamps   Pickup Stamps EmptyJanuary 1st 2016, 5:54 pm

Diseasel wrote:
Too bad Dodge wasn't seen to have added significantly distinct new features to the pickup but I guess they're FCA now. Smile

Well they do offer a turbo and an automatic on their diesel option now!
Wasn't the Perkins a N/A and manual trans only option?
Back to top Go down
shatto

shatto

Pickup Stamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Stamps   Pickup Stamps EmptyJanuary 6th 2016, 10:21 pm

No numbers so they must be forever stamps. Good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pickup Stamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickup Stamps   Pickup Stamps Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickup Stamps
Page 1 of 1