Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Used Pickup Prices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Used Pickup Prices Empty
PostSubject: Used Pickup Prices   Used Pickup Prices EmptyMay 6th 2021, 10:47 pm

As we all know the chip shortage has rippled through the auto biz. I was on a pickup forum and guys are getting incredible offers to buy their used pickups (Carvana, Autonation, Etc). One guy had a 2021 and was offered more than MSRP. Another guy had a 2019 pickup and was offered close to original list price.

That works if you are looking to unload or don't need a pickup. But getting back into a new pickup could be a wait. I put my name on the cybertruck waiting list but I'm not sure I want to take the chance. A recent study said many EV owners are getting frustrated with roadside battery charge sites.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Used Pickup Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used Pickup Prices   Used Pickup Prices EmptyMay 7th 2021, 4:02 pm

I paid right around 38k just barely a year ago for my 2019 F250 with 23k miles on it.

KBB has it priced at 58k now...more than the original sticker. Great time to sell...but I need the truck and I'm completely disinterested in overpaying for another one. Used Pickup Prices Kbb10
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Used Pickup Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used Pickup Prices   Used Pickup Prices EmptyMay 8th 2021, 2:54 pm

That's incredible!

I bought my 19' Ram 1500 during the huge discounts of June 2019 ($37k for over 30% off msrp). Today I could get $46.5k with 16k miles on board. It's tempting.

But I agree. One in hand is worth more than two in the bush. This semiconductor shortage could last a few years. It looks like this is the new normal until there's a sense of urgency to expedite US semiconductor foundry production.

And they say there's no inflation!
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Used Pickup Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used Pickup Prices   Used Pickup Prices EmptyMay 10th 2021, 2:40 am

It's going to take a couple years just to open a new chip plant going.
Heard about $10B too.

Stopped at a ASV skidsteer dealer, next expected delivery......october.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Used Pickup Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used Pickup Prices   Used Pickup Prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Used Pickup Prices
Page 1 of 1