Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Tug-O-War Thread

Go down 
+4
Ulmus
Diesel Dan
GMC D-Max
Breathing Borla
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

First Tug-O-War Thread Empty
PostSubject: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 12:20 pm

so it's says no bashing brands here.

can I not say the new slaperado is fugly and sucks?
Back to top Go down
GMC D-Max

GMC D-Max

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 12:53 pm

Nope. Just as I can't say the Slaperado is still a damn sight better than a Blundra.

Wait... wut? Shocked

That, and GSDs are better than Wienerroamers...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 1:04 pm

I got the rope, now all we need is a tall tre.....opps....wrong forum Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ulmus
Admin
Ulmus

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 11:04 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
I got the rope, now all we need is a tall tre.....opps....wrong forum Shocked

That's for the politics section. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsramblingsanddaydreams.com/
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 11:03 am

Is Power Choke out too?

Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 10:32 pm

Bambam wrote:
Is Power Choke out too?
What do they say about GM diesels? Because your cummins might be fast but ask your girlfriend about my slow powerstroke.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 8:23 pm

erude685 wrote:
Bambam wrote:
Is Power Choke out too?
What do they say about GM diesels? Because your cummins might be fast but ask your girlfriend about my slow powerstroke.

OUCH

All I heard was Dirtymax?? First Tug-O-War Thread 3293792524

Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 10:09 pm

i drive up and down the highway eating Chebbies and shitting Dodges ( thats not to much is it )
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 12:02 pm

That's some roughage, gotta hurt coming out!

Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 12:12 pm

TheQuig wrote:
That's some roughage, gotta hurt coming out!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 12:45 pm

Dan the man wrote:
i drive up and down the highway eating Chebbies and shitting Dodges ( thats not to much is it )

No, no if you wanna pick on highway cruizer chebbies and Dodges(cars only now) that is fine. Appears the new Rams are a little much for you to handle though... First Tug-O-War Thread 3293792524
Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 12:59 pm

LOL
i know there are a lot of Rams in the shed transporting buiness, some Fords, and 1 or 2 GM's or Chevies,
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 1:07 pm

My son worked for a big electrical contractor in Texas who had a bunch of Ford trucks. They had around 10K miles on some of them and were swapping the whole fleet out for new Rams. Said they were tired of too many proplems with the Fords.

Don't know what problems or model trucks just passing along one example I know of.
FWIW, most contractors/companies he worked for don't use GM trucks either.
Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 3rd 2013, 2:05 pm

it was probaly 6.0's or early 6.4's, back in Oct. when i started my transporting buiness i put all brand loyalty aside and hopped into the big 3, did not want any of the new urea so i went from a Ford F-450 '08, GMC '09 3500, Ram '10 3500, and came away with the Ford, the choose came down to this the Ford seemed to have the best over all package (IMHO), talked to a lot of haulers and a couple mechanics all said the same thing pick your brand and be ready to spend some money on certain things because thay all have problems
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 4th 2013, 6:25 pm

Dan the man wrote:
it was probaly 6.0's or early 6.4's, back in Oct. when i started my transporting buiness i put all brand loyalty aside and hopped into the big 3, did not want any of the new urea so i went from a Ford F-450 '08, GMC '09 3500, Ram '10 3500, and came away with the Ford, the choose came down to this the Ford seemed to have the best over all package (IMHO), talked to a lot of haulers and a couple mechanics all said the same thing pick your brand and be ready to spend some money on certain things because thay all have problems
All trucks are garbage in one form or another.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 4th 2013, 6:29 pm

Dan the man wrote:

I hate when people say the 2-3. 3-4 shifts are a "problem" in the new 6 speeds. But all the older torqshifts(i have driven) and even my 4R100 does it. It's just a Ford thing, you learn to expect and live with. I have heard of the pumps going bad in the transmissions. Some fuel issues and DEF problems in the 6.7L pickups. Those plus a few valve drops and turbos in the cab and chassis to boot.
Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 4th 2013, 6:41 pm

erude685 wrote:
Dan the man wrote:

I hate when people say the 2-3. 3-4 shifts are a "problem" in the new 6 speeds. But all the older torqshifts(i have driven) and even my 4R100 does it. It's just a Ford thing, you learn to expect and live with. I have heard of the pumps going bad in the transmissions. Some fuel issues and DEF problems in the 6.7L pickups. Those plus a few valve drops and turbos in the cab and chassis to boot.

yea i agree its a truck for pete's sake, and the bull crap of mine rides better than yours, trucks ride and shift hard they are trucks, need a better riding vehicle buy a car, as far as the 6.7's go i am starting to a lot on the road and everyone i have talked to loves them, on the forums i have seen so problems but try to take it with a grain of salt
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 5th 2013, 4:59 am

Dan the man wrote:
erude685 wrote:
Dan the man wrote:

yea i agree its a truck for pete's sake, and the bull crap of mine rides better than yours, trucks ride and shift hard they are trucks, need a better riding vehicle buy a car, as far as the 6.7's go i am starting to a lot on the road and everyone i have talked to loves them, on the forums i have seen so problems but try to take it with a grain of salt

I know someone who had a legit 2-3,3-4 shift problem and there was an actual hardware issue. Had the rebuilt transmission twice under warranty. I do dislike the sluggish shift, but when I can I'll the have the work done to correct it. I mean it's been an a complaint for almost 10 years now going on 3 transmissions they should look into getting rid of it. There's aftermarket solutions why not change something besides tuning.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 6th 2013, 1:25 am

Dan the man wrote:
it was probaly 6.0's or early 6.4's,
Most likely not since it was only last year.
Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 6th 2013, 11:40 am

well if thats the case i am glad i did not get a new one
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 6th 2013, 11:51 am

Next time I talk with him I'll try and find out what model of trucks they were.
Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 6th 2013, 12:25 pm

yes that would be great i would really like to know, and will also help for the next time i buy a truck, and see if you can find out what some of the problems they where having Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 2:32 pm

Talked with Jr and he thinks the trucks were '10/11s of 3/4&1 ton Diesel and gas experiencing electrical problems. Don't know the mix of gas/Diesel though.
Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 7:07 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 1:17 am

My old job found out that the newer cab and chassis(they had an 08 550 6.4L) that had a lot of electrical issues. It was a service body with compressor tanks and and crane. We had a burning smell and other issues that got worse after the cab being off at another dealer. But they recommended ordering the next truck with an ambulance package to avoid the problem. It had something to do with the harness between factory and up fitter and that went for any brand...
Back to top Go down
Dan the man

Dan the man

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 8:21 pm

i have been hearing Ford's cab and chassis are haveing a lot of problems, but the pick up's are fine, i wonder what they are doing different or is it because a lot of fleets buy cab and chassis, fleets are know to have a lot of problems with trucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Tug-O-War Thread   First Tug-O-War Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

First Tug-O-War Thread
Page 1 of 1