Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Truck pulling my RV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Truck pulling my RV Empty
PostSubject: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyApril 23rd 2014, 8:38 pm

I wanted to download this for a while, but just got to it last week. This is taken in MA on the way home to NJ from New Hampshire.
Truck pulling my RV 1391001672438_zps68d2feab

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyApril 24th 2014, 8:51 am

Truck at work. That's how it's done.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyApril 24th 2014, 10:17 am

Nice looking trailer.
Truck looks like it could use some helper springs or heavier torsion bars.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyApril 24th 2014, 7:08 pm

It lowers 2" in the front and rear when I put the sway hitch on it. I have been thinking about adding a leaf or two.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyApril 24th 2014, 10:57 pm

I would look at air bags. OEM ride when unloaded, and about as good as it gets when loaded. Kits can be had with or without on-board compressor.

Had Helwig helper springs on my '99 1500. The wrench adjusting going between loaded and unloaded wasn't an issue, just took 10 minutes each time to change the tension on the helper springs. You can simply leave them loaded. There is a trade off in ride however.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyApril 25th 2014, 12:18 pm

A friend of mine has air bags on a very similar truck and swears by them.  How much does that RV weigh?  Most of my friends towing is his car hauler and race car, so I'm guessing it's not nearly as much weight as the RV when it's full for boondocking. By the way, I'm jelious. I've wanted an RV for a while but have no way to justify one.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyMay 28th 2014, 11:12 am

Loaded, the trailer is about 8,000 lbs. To justify owning an RV, you really have to use it a lot. I don't, but have had one for the past 20 years and takes vacations and long weekends with it. I was hoping next summer to either retire or use a month of vacation and just head west for two weeks, then turn around and come home via another route.

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyJune 27th 2014, 6:27 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Loaded, the trailer is about 8,000 lbs. To justify owning an RV, you really have to use it a lot. I don't, but have had one for the past 20 years and takes vacations and long weekends with it. I was hoping next summer to either retire or use a month of vacation and just head west for two weeks, then turn around and come home via another route.

That sounds like a nice plan friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dpfdeletekits.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 6:21 pm

I vote to retire, the wife votes work for 4 more years.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 6:35 pm

Retire now. Waiting in this country, with our current trends. Retire and enjoy what you can while its still doable.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyJuly 4th 2014, 7:54 pm

I'll have to wait until late April of next year, but it looks like I'll be leaving my current job of 12 years before that and taking my vacation days and sick days when I leave which should be about 8 weeks of pay. I'll probably become a school sub after that and work 2-3 days a week. Right now between pension and SS, I'll take home the same pay I do now.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyJuly 6th 2014, 3:53 pm

Good decision.  I bet you'll enjoy it.  Lots of things open up when the schedule doesn't include work five days or more a week.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV EmptyJuly 6th 2014, 11:36 pm

joemac wrote:
Lots of things open up when the schedule doesn't include work five days or more a week.
I'm not sure how many days off I've had this year but it hasn't been that many.
Think it was 21 straight before taking 3 days off for the 4th. If I wanted I could probably work every day (except turkey day and Xmas) through the end of the year. With many 12 and possibly 16 hr days along the way. No 
Couple weeks back I think I was around 1400 hrs and a friend of mine was over 1600 hrs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truck pulling my RV   Truck pulling my RV Empty

Back to top Go down

Truck pulling my RV
Page 1 of 1