Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Krogers fires manager

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Krogers fires manager Empty
PostSubject: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 10:23 am

manager fired

So what do ya'll think about this?
Personally I applaud the manager for what he did and I email Kroger about it. There is a chance the perp could have car jacked the first vehicle he came across to escape. At a grocery store it could easily be a mother getting out of her van to get the kids from their car seats. It wouldn't be the first time infants were in the vehicle being car jacked.

Passing this along to friends and family.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 10:46 am

The manager didn't really do anything wrong except the chance of hurting the suspect, becoming injured/killed himself, and increasing Kroger's overall liabilities. So Kroger needs to protect their interest.

I see the same thing with homeless and even regular folks at produce stores. They take handfuls from the dry fruit and nuts from the dry bins and eat it as they walk. The signs say to not do it. It's unsanitary etc but no one confronts them.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 11:07 am

Pure humanity, instinct, deciding right and wrong, deciding what our society should and should not tolerate and taking an individual responsibility to mitigate and remediate the issue. The manager of course did the right thing.

There was another issue in the last year about an employee of Walmart getting fired for trying to help or actually putting out a fire in a customer Chile in the parking lot.

Kroger in this case just like many other wants to protect their liability. To demonstrate corporate seriousness in being risk adverse there are stupid decisions as such to fire the manager. Kroger or most other companies have relinquished their individual corporate responsibility to the employees or the communities of which they do business.

Some business will likely be glad to have this manager on the payroll. Not everyone can have on their resume.

Crime Prevention - Single handily apprehend and detain suspect. Deter other like thefts from occurring. Individually responsible to make key decisions to protect the company and our customers.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 12:08 pm

joemac wrote:

Kroger in this case just like many other wants to protect their liability. To demonstrate corporate seriousness in being risk adverse there are stupid decisions as such to fire the manager.  

The decision was made way back when the manager signed on the dotted line accepting Kroger policies and acknowledging he could be fired for not following them.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 12:40 pm

I'm sure there is a lot of stuff in my original papers from almost 20 years ago that I don't recall or even realized I signed.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 12:42 pm

Doing the rite thing is less and less an option in the sue happy society we have.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 1:28 pm

It seems as time goes by, what was once right, is not correct, and what was unacceptable, is now acceptable. I still believe if someone breaks into my house to harm or steal, the only way not to get in trouble is to use the full magazine and say I was so afraid I didn't realize I kept pulling the trigger.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 19th 2014, 11:08 pm

Diseasel wrote:
The decision was made way back when the manager signed on the dotted line accepting Kroger policies and acknowledging he could be fired for not following them.

This is verified fact there was legal language the employee signed when hired?

Employers have a large amount of discretion to terminate an employee, with a legal employee signed agreement or not.

All kinds of hypothetical come into play.  If you were the guys manager, he thought you were an asshole, didn't actually say it just thought it.  You fire him because you feel personal differences are preventing him from performing a good job yet but write it up the termination as "employee attitude doesn't meet the minimal requirement Kroger standard" for excellence.  In summary, if an employer wants to fire you for tiddly winks they can.    It doesn't have to be written in a contract.

The guy did the right thing.  Else we have a society that doesn't come to the aid of their fellow human being.  

Someone else will take responsibility is asking for a political and goverment solution.  Homeland security on every corner.  That's the solution.   Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 20th 2014, 12:31 am

joemac wrote:

This is verified fact there was legal language the employee signed when hired?

It's common sense for garage-shop businesses let alone this $22 billion dollar corporation employing teams of lawyers. Kroger is one of the largest supermarket chains, been around since 1883, and you think they are still cutting their teeth on employment agreements? I suspect you're doing that distraction thing again.

joemac wrote:

Employers have a large amount of discretion to terminate an employee, with a legal employee signed agreement or not.

Of course, nothing new there, just another red herring.

joemac wrote:

The guy did the right thing.  Else we have a society that doesn't come to the aid of their fellow human being.  

Someone else will take responsibility is asking for a political and goverment solution.  Homeland security on every corner.  That's the solution.   Crying or Very sad

Ok, Today show and youtube videos aside, if you'd ever studies ethics you'd know there are no absolutes. Many times there are no clear right or wrong answers. And again, back to the point, Kroger and other companies are in the business to sell product, not solve ethical dilemmas and community shortcomings.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 20th 2014, 12:57 am

The answer is no then, it hasn't been made public if anything was signed. Could have been, but its not known. Everyone is entitled to an option but not your own set of facts.

Kroger hires humans, just as many other companies. Expecting humans to make split second decisions in a high tense situation doesn't award a person to review legal documentation and site counsel recommendation before taking any action.  Rolling Eyes  Legal jargon or not. Many humans that care about their fellow man will step up and act regardless of company legalese. Company fires a person for such. Some might not think much of the company, nor care to patronize the establishment.

The mindset of standby and do nothing will get us a long way. Simply stand by and do nothing. That's the human spirit. We can't wait for the weekly news segments where they highlight citizens that standby and watch crime being committed, congratulate them even give them a reward for not getting involved.

Quote :
Many times there are no clear right or wrong answers.

When is a crime ever a right answer?

Let's punish the person that cared enough to act, not the perpetrator, it's the new progressive American way.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager EmptyApril 20th 2014, 11:16 am

joemac wrote:
The answer is no then, it hasn't been made public if anything was signed.  Could have been, but its not known.  Everyone is entitled to an option but not your own set of facts.

Kroger hires humans, just as many other companies.  Expecting humans to make split second decisions in a high tense situation doesn't award a person to review legal documentation and site counsel recommendation before taking any action.   Rolling Eyes   Legal jargon or not.  Many humans that care about their fellow man will step up and act regardless of company legalese.  Company fires a person for such.  Some might not think much of the company, nor care to patronize the establishment.

The mindset of standby and do nothing will get us a long way.  Simply stand by and do nothing.  That's the human spirit.  We can't wait for the weekly news segments where they highlight citizens that standby and watch crime being committed, congratulate them even give them a reward for not getting involved.

Quote :
Many times there are no clear right or wrong answers.

When is a crime ever a right answer?

Let's punish the person that cared enough to act, not the perpetrator, it's the new progressive American way.

I know, only you get to present opinions and take liberties with facts. That's fine. Carry on.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krogers fires manager   Krogers fires manager Empty

Back to top Go down

Krogers fires manager
Page 1 of 1