Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wax recommendations?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rustbucket

Wax recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Wax recommendations?   Wax recommendations? EmptyMarch 9th 2014, 1:35 pm

Wax recommendations? ... what do you guys like? It might hit 47F here today (haven't seen temps like that since last year) and it's time to start thinking about spiffing up the vehicles. Got some Meguiar's  Black Wax to try on DW's last fall but it got too cold... will probably clay bar it first when I get around to doing it- it's the first wax job on it.  Not sure what I'll use on mine. Used to use Nu Finish on the Ranger and it worked pretty much as advertised. Not the best shine I've seen but it lasted which what I was interested in.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Wax recommendations?   Wax recommendations? EmptyApril 22nd 2014, 9:58 am

I like the Eagle One Nano Wax. It's easy to apply and remove without any crusty dusty stuff left behind.

Meguiar's has always had good products. Used their waxes, polishes and cleaners for years. They were the standard in the industry for a long time.

Meguiar's and others have jumped on the orbital buffer (Dual Action branded DA) products. The Meguiar's unit adapts to a drill. There are better more costly solutions, like a purpose built buffer.

I've got a 10" orbital buffer using foam and microfiber pads. Use this mostly for polishing but can be used for applying wax or other products as well. Nice thing about the orbital is that its pretty much fool proof unlike circular buffers the orbital is much slower speed and its action dual action prevents the the row of swirls we've all seen on paint jobs.

3M offers a full line of consumer products as well. Used their fine cut compound, and PerfecIT products and glaze products with good results.
Back to top Go down
George35

George35

PostSubject: Re: Wax recommendations?   Wax recommendations? EmptyApril 2nd 2021, 8:03 am

It would be Collinite 845 or Soft 99 King Of Gloss one year wax/sealant.
Back to top Go down
coolzone

PostSubject: Re: Wax recommendations?   Wax recommendations? EmptyJuly 28th 2021, 12:37 am

I personally use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax and when buffing I add an additional 15 minutes on the total time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wax recommendations?   Wax recommendations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wax recommendations?
Page 1 of 1