Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

manual trans D-max on c-list

Go down 
+3
ggbaird
erude
Diesel Dan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

manual trans D-max on c-list Empty
PostSubject: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 10:00 am

Found this relatively rare K3500 crewcab, dually, manual trans on craigslist.
Just throwing it out there for anyone looking.

Disclaimer, I know nothing about truck or seller.

manual trans D-max on c-list <a href=manual trans D-max on c-list Manualdmax" />

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/4090233293.html
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 12:33 pm

Not a bad deal at all. I'd go back to factory tail lights and go with current tow mirrors.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 2:15 pm

I'm personally not a big fan of the Avalanche style front end on the '03 to '06 Silvy's. I didn't think GM offered the Duramax V8 with a standard transmission.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 7:29 pm

IIR, they offered it in a detuned d-max. Something like 300hp.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 8:15 pm

They offered the manual, but when I bought my truck in 02, the DMax had only been out one year. The Allison transmission sold me on the truck. I know people that have the manual and are happy with it but at the time I had already spent over 20 years driving twin stick Macks, 13 speed spicers, and a host of other transmissions and the last thing I wanted was a stick.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 9:13 pm

Especially today. How could anyone text, drive, and shift. Smile
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 27th 2013, 12:33 am

They are out there but not many.
That's why I posted it in case somebody was looking.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 27th 2013, 6:15 pm

The Allison is just too good. In OEM tune it was good, with Diablo tune I had it shifted better than any automatic I've ever driven. It was always in the right gear when called upon. Never a problem in the 123k miles I put on it. Better than the 6L80E in our previous G8 and the 6L90E in the Denali.

All of the above were better than the 6R80 in my F150. Fords transmission shift strategy sucks majorly even with a tune.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list EmptySeptember 28th 2013, 12:15 am

joemac wrote:
Better than the 6L80E in our previous G8 and the 6L90E in the Denali.  
Wish I could put a 6L80/90 behind my 6.5TD.Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: manual trans D-max on c-list   manual trans D-max on c-list Empty

Back to top Go down

manual trans D-max on c-list
Page 1 of 1