Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New TV

Go down 
+10
theshyguy
Pick-Up Man
joemac
Yota_fan
bones
Scout
ggbaird
TheQuig
Diseasel
Hilux
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Truth
Admin

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 9:21 am

I got mine at walmart, this one to be specific.wall mountI was surprised at the sturdiness considering it swivels and tilts. With 1003 reviews and the few negative concern it being crooked(installer problem) or not fitting. This ad shows the mounting hole sizes farther down, so I checked before I bought it, fit my TV fine. 50 bucks.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 6:40 pm

Diseasel wrote:
Many say the Monster Cable folks are snake oil salesmen and checking online the HDTV Calibration Wizard gets much of the same reviews. They say don't waste your money however cheap it is.
I haven't seen the Monster calibration DVD program.  I have one at the house, not Monster, called Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics blu-ray.  It's pretty cool to go through the steps and set your TV to the standards and then tweak to your liking.  It's no incredibly intuitive $40.  If you spend any time with it you can get a good result over the TV debut pretty cool to setup and properly tune.

From the analog cable perspective Monster used to have some value proposition over the analog market.  In the digital media market, it's ones and zeros.  As long as the ones and zeros get from the source to the destination, it doesn't matter what the cable brand is on it.  The premium that Monster commands from a price point for it's digital cables isn't supported nor quantified  by actual results IMHO.

Here's a tuning program review -> http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20060847-285/reviewed-blu-ray-setup-discs-for-your-hdtv/
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 6:44 pm

bones wrote:
I get my wallmounts from monoprice.com
Monoprice rocks. No reason to pay expensive prices for cheap Chinese goods. Smile
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 6:49 pm

Since it's your eyeball that's going to be watching, tune it to the standard and adjust to your eyeball liking. Spend $30 or $40.

I'm not certain a 90% better outcome in tuning can be derived from forking out $300 versus the $30 or near alternative.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 7:08 pm

There are some HD forums out there that have calibrations for all the TV's. I tuned mine to their specs, tweaked it a bit and am happy with what I got out of it. A little google time is even better than $30 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Pick-Up Man

Pick-Up Man

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 13th 2013, 4:52 am

ggbaird wrote:
theshyguy wrote:
Once you get that big why not do a projector instead of a tv? I know they're more expensive but if you already wasting that much on a tv why not make it really nice. Now if I was a millionaire it might be different but a tv just isnt important to me.
I think a TV just gives a much better picture than a projector. Maybe there are better projectors out there than what I've seen, but for me, I'll stick to the TV.
I agree 100%. My friend has a HD projector that was about $25k, with a 110 inch display and a roll down from the ceiling screen, and while it was a good picture, it was just not as sharp/clear as a LCD/LED TV.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 13th 2013, 11:45 am

Pick-Up Man wrote:
ggbaird wrote:
theshyguy wrote:
Once you get that big why not do a projector instead of a tv? I know they're more expensive but if you already wasting that much on a tv why not make it really nice. Now if I was a millionaire it might be different but a tv just isnt important to me.
I think a TV just gives a much better picture than a projector. Maybe there are better projectors out there than what I've seen, but for me, I'll stick to the TV.
I agree 100%.  My friend has a HD projector that was about $25k, with a 110 inch display and a roll down from the ceiling screen, and while it was a good picture, it was just not as sharp/clear as a LCD/LED TV.
I'd agree. We got a 50" Samsung as a Christmas gift awhile back.  When we finally got it hooked up to the new HD receiver (after some wrangling with Dish trying to get their promised "free HD for life"), I was blown away by the picture- much better than any projection set I've seen.

My beef is with content .... considering all the channels there is jacksquat to watch.
Back to top Go down
Hilux

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2013, 3:05 am

rustbucket wrote:
Pick-Up Man wrote:
ggbaird wrote:
theshyguy wrote:
I agree 100%.  My friend has a HD projector that was about $25k, with a 110 inch display and a roll down from the ceiling screen, and while it was a good picture, it was just not as sharp/clear as a LCD/LED TV.
I'd agree. We got a 50" Samsung as a Christmas gift awhile back.  When we finally got it hooked up to the new HD receiver (after some wrangling with Dish trying to get their promised "free HD for life"), I was blown away by the picture- much better than any projection set I've seen.

My beef is with content .... considering all the channels there is jacksquat to watch.
That's why we need TV choice in the USA instead of this bundle bullsh*t I don't want the golf channel and I dam well don't want to have to pay for it to get the Gold Fever Show or what ever the bundle is , or PMSNBC to get Fox news , it would make these Aholes broadcasters actually have to work for there money .
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2013, 6:37 pm

TV al carte wouldn't be in the best interests of the corporations, therefore we don't get TV the way we want it.

A country of the corporations, by corporations, for the corporations.

In 2013 corporate profits overall are still on a trend upward overall, meanwhile median household incomes continue to slide south. The great divergence, at some point the consumer won't be able to afford any TV. In the mean time there will be corporations after corporations looking to take whatever they can from anyone they can on the path collapse. It will likely be presented to us as a crisis, although manufactured, none the less a crisis of which the government will save us from the pitfalls of doom.

TV content? Gone are the years of actual shows. This costs money to pay writers, build sets, crews, production, actors. Now it's a cheap reality show spin off on every channel, one after another. Cheap cheap cheap.

In the sea of hundreds of channels the only shows I watch are few. Justified and The Americans on FX, and Homeland on Showtime are solid shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New TV  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New TV
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: