Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cooper ST Maxx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 2:14 pm

I got these a month or two ago and could not be happier. They are super meaty and ride well on the highway with little noise for the class. Truck rides better even though they are Load E and 33". I think because they are heavy, they make the stiff tundra suspension more compliant.

I got 285/70/17 which is 33" x 11.5
Twisted Evil

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-S-T-MAXX.aspx

Cooper ST Maxx Img_20121130_143715

Cooper ST Maxx Img_20121130_143729

Cooper ST Maxx Img_20121130_143832

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 2:28 pm

They are a beefy tire. Are they a similar radius to your stock tires or do they throw your speedo out a bit?
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 2:32 pm

ggbaird wrote:
They are a beefy tire. Are they a similar radius to your stock tires or do they throw your speedo out a bit?

nope, same size as a rock warrior tundra 285/70/17. so nothing needed to be done. I never thought toyota would put out a truck with stock 33s. They come with BFG ATs from the factory. I upgraded to teh wheels only since I wanted a limited instead of a rock warrior (limited has more stuff on it)

those are my firestones in the pic below. They were also 285/70/17 but P-rated and crappy.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 3:12 pm

Have you noticed any mileage change since putting them on? I really like the looks of them and would consider putting them on my truck when new tires are needed.

Breathing Borla

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 3:25 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Have you noticed any mileage change since putting them on? I really like the looks of them and would consider putting them on my truck when new tires are needed.

it's really hard to tell since I put them on right when the winter blend fuel was out so I lost a bunch of mileage like I always do on the winter blend crap around here.

I would say that a 1/2 mpg or 1 mpg could be from the tires, but I'm not real sure on that as I still get decent mileage on the highway for winter blend.

You can buy them from discount tire if you have one around you. They match any price and give you a 30 day ride test. If you don't like them they will get you something else.

I was unsure before I got them due to the load E and I didn't want MT noise on the highway.

They are more meaty in person. Great traction and doing well in the snow. Ride is butter smooth, there is a little tire noise though, but I like that.

I would say they are more than a A/T but less than a dedicated MT. Kind of a hybrid with good road manners. I would say that if you are looking for a ultra smooth and super quiet highway tire, this aint it.

they rule off-road though for a non MT

this is m daily driver and also field truck so it does everything from hauling my wife and baby around to hauling my sampling supplies around and light off-roading in the field.

I mainly wanted something that looked bad ass, I wouldn't have to worry about going off-road and getting stuck, but would not be terrible on the road. So far I'm surprised how good they are on the road.

Lastly, they are Made in USA..

Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 4th 2013, 11:51 am

I have a couple of friends with those Coopers, they both complain about the rocks they pickup and throw out the back. Beats the hell out of their boats/trailers. One of them has had his travel trailer for 6 or 7 years. First trip with the Coopers and the front end of the trailer looked like it went throw a hail storm. You seen anything like that?
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 4th 2013, 12:42 pm

Charlie in TX wrote:
I have a couple of friends with those Coopers, they both complain about the rocks they pickup and throw out the back. Beats the hell out of their boats/trailers. One of them has had his travel trailer for 6 or 7 years. First trip with the Coopers and the front end of the trailer looked like it went throw a hail storm. You seen anything like that?

I really don't tow much. These are not the tires you want if your worried about picking up gravel, ect. that goes for every high void MT and hydrid MT.

If you want tons of traction on all surfaces and great looks and ride, this is a good tire then. for highway or asphalt towing, not so much as I could see them flinging stuff backward as the tread is huge...

Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 5th 2013, 11:24 am

They didn't move from street tire to the Coopers. They moved from other brands of all terrains.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx EmptyMarch 5th 2013, 11:49 am

Charlie in TX wrote:
They didn't move from street tire to the Coopers. They moved from other brands of all terrains.

The ST maxx really isn't an all-terrain per say, the AT3 is their all terrain, this is way more like an MT, it has 19/32 of tread from the factory and is high void. it just has road manners like an AT as far as ride.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cooper ST Maxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooper ST Maxx   Cooper ST Maxx Empty

Back to top Go down

Cooper ST Maxx
Page 1 of 1