Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense Empty
PostSubject: Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense   Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense   Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 2:56 pm

Very interesting. I didn't follow the case closely. Sounds like Zimmerman did everything correct.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense   Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 7:22 pm

I watched most of what I had time to. The prosecution was very poor. Poor in the evidence they presented, poor in the their version of the facts they presented, poor in their witnesses. They attempted to make up for what they didn't have in facts or evidence with emotion. This indicates being desperate.

Remember they didn't file charges for around 45 days after the incident. There was simply a lack of evidence of which they didn't feel confident they could present and get a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. Due to political and racial pressure, they fired the police chief, brought in a new prosecutor to lead the investigation I believe. Because charges had not been filed.

Next interesting step the prosecution didn't take the expected procedure to the grand jury to charge and indite. I'm thinking the evidence they had at the time was poor, they weren't confident that grand jury would indite. If they did bring it to the grand jury and no indictment was issued, their case would be sunk. So they skipped this step. In Florida this is allowed, most other states do not.

I thought they over charged George with 2nd degree murder when I heard what charges they bought against him. I was thinking at the time, they're doing the trial just so they can say they tried the case and lost. Else racial tensions would have exploded if this didn't go to trial.

What was presented at trial wasn't very good. You could tell as prosecution witnesses seemed to benefit the defense. Jonathan Good, very well spoken, clearly labeled Trayvon on top, describing his clothes, and George on bottom.

George's 911 call, the time that Travyon had if it was genuinely scared enough time to make it back to his house, but he appeared instead to come back and confront George.

With Trayvon's not amicable evidence off his cell phone, drug use, guns, fighting and gangsta thug dialect communications. The puzzle starts to get a little more clear.

In the prosecutions last desperate attempt they attempt to slide in manslaughter at closing arguments and somehow the judge allowed this charge just in the hopes the jury would convict George of something.

We're a nation of laws, not emotion, not public racial pressure. The jury evaluated the case and made a decision. So now certain ethic groups are mad cause he wasn't convicted, disregarding the evidence, but based on emotion and racial lines.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense   Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 7:24 pm

George may have been overly zealous in his pursuit, possibly. Though it's not a crime.
Back to top Go down
Ulmus
Admin
Ulmus

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense   Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 11:24 pm

Zimmerman screwed up by going overboard with his following.

Martin went overboard with his youth and pride.

Both ended up losing their lives. One literal and one figurative.

Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense   Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense EmptyJuly 18th 2013, 1:01 am

I think Zimmerman will be fine. He might move to someplace like Iowa, Wyoming, or Montana. He has many supporters and there's big business in guns and self defense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense   Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Zimmerman verdict vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense
Page 1 of 1