Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns Empty
PostSubject: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns EmptyMay 7th 2013, 7:10 pm

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/05/07/2-va-boys-suspended-for-using-pencils-as-guns/

Rational thought has vacated the country. This is another over reaction, just like after 911.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns EmptyMay 7th 2013, 8:04 pm

If the children are our future, and they go through our education system, do we have a future? 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns 212439348

I'm gonna have a big issue with the school when my kids start learning one sided politics from one of the *teachers* they are going to encounter in a few years.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns EmptyMay 7th 2013, 9:16 pm

I'm currently considering a charter or private school for my youngest daughter for a multitude of reasons.

There are so many things that are fundamentally different, my summary is that the institution of school has priority over the kids. I've found this out several times now with my youngest.

The material their using and teaching isn't factually correct in many noted cases, it would appear they're re-writing history to have a outcome that's desired by a collectivist mindset.

One instance was a social studies question that had something to do with our foundational governing principals of the US or what style of government we have. The answer they wanted was a democracy, which is factually incorrect, as we have a Republic, or more accurately a Constitutional Republic. Yes it's about 90% democracy principled but foundationally different that the individual is sovereign and not the democracy majority.

Another instance with a bully in my daughters 3rd grade class, biting her, throwing rocks at her, pushing her off the top of the slide, 10 plus total instances in total.

I was tired of dealing with the school who did zero to resolve the situation as it keep repeating. After numerous complaints they offered to move my daughter to another class. Yes they wouldn't discipline the instigator, speaking with teachers, counselors, principals all did nothing, absolutely nothing. Crap like that has no place in an educational institution. Thus we transferred her to another school, no bullies, just disappointed in general at public education today, and we live in an area that’s “rated” extremely well. Not that that means a hill of beans.

I just know my public education was filled with teachers that I still remember today, thirty plus years later. There’s a reason for that.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns EmptyMay 7th 2013, 9:27 pm

Quote :
it would appear they're re-writing history to have a outcome that's desired by a collectivist mindset.

A friend of mine was saying the same thing to me recently. His words were "It's funny that history seems to be changing."

Would the teacher have marked it wrong if you protested?
My doughtier is 6 now so I expect I will start seeing some of these things for myself soon enough.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns EmptyMay 7th 2013, 9:54 pm

I simply tried to educate her, we spent a good portion of time going through the Articles of Confederation, the Constitutional convention of 1787. One of the delegates outside of Independence hall asked Benjamin Franklin when they broke from behind closed doors, "What have we got? He replied, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

Even gave her examples of the "Republic". One being in the judicial branch, a single juror can hang a jury's decision.

After we got through, I told her she needed to address sharing our research with the teacher in the most polite way possible to have a conversation. It went rather well from what I can remember.

So I did protest in a soft way, but made it known to her, cause she was adamant we had a democracy because of what she had understood from the school curriculum.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns EmptyMay 8th 2013, 12:29 am

Sounds like you handled it very well. Let level heads prevail. 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns 233199915

Makes me wonder if the Pledge of Allegiance is ever recited anymore. Last I checked we didn't say, and to the democracy for which it stands. I know my kindergartner is saying the pledge. But from what I have heard a lot of schools don't do it anymore for PC reasons Sad .
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns EmptyMay 8th 2013, 11:15 am

What I've noticed is that many are incapable of actually holding a discussion, thus the common reaction when confronted with information or terms that don't match one's perception, people get extremely defensive or combative, or simply state its not possible not true and they shut the conversation off. People get uncomfortable when they learn their perception of reality isn't factually correct.

Instead of listening, and on their own attempting to locate information, educate themselves by arming themselves with context from many sources and cross referencing those sources, evaluating the information, and coming to a conclusion on their own. They would rather depend on someone else to feed it to them via the TV in 10 seconds, if they even care to put that much effort in it.

Our entire school district doesn't perform the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning either.

Multiple universities across the country have been removing the American flag, and or bringing issue with students in dorms, or for attire that has the American flag present. It's simply sickening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns   2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Va. Boys Suspended For Using Pencils As Guns
Page 1 of 1