Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elevated concrete slab repair

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Elevated concrete slab repair Empty
PostSubject: Elevated concrete slab repair   Elevated concrete slab repair EmptyFebruary 5th 2024, 9:25 pm

Who's the concrete guru? Rich?

Have an idea how I'd go about "repairing" this but wondering if anyone has engineering experience in this area.
This is an elevated maintenance area about 3 floors up, maybe 8-10" thick.

What I'm thinking:
- knock out any obviously loose previous patches. Drag some chain around or tap with hammer and listen for hollow sound.
- cut perimeter so repair area isn't feathered thin on edges
- use pneumatic industrial needle gun to get down to good concrete
- epoxy pin in new rebar adjacent to rusted pieces
- remove rotted rebar
- treat surface with adhesion promotor
- pour top coat

Of course, imo, this should all be done to engineering specs for rebar size, placement, pinning depth, chemicals and mud mix.
Engineering will also determine what the safe working load will be with equipment and personnel.Elevated concrete slab repair Floor10
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Elevated concrete slab repair   Elevated concrete slab repair EmptyFebruary 7th 2024, 11:47 am

It sounds like you have got this covered well.
I have seen grout used thinly around the edges and base of where the concrete will be poured. Grout is almost the same as concrete minus the stone/gravel. It twill help the new bond well to the old. Also beside replacing the rebar, maybe order the concrete with fiber mesh. I always called the mesh "hairy concrete". It won't affect the appearance and once troweled you won't see it.
Whether you use grout or not, wet the old concrete before pouring the new. The existing concrete will suck the moisture out of the freshly poured concrete.

Diesel Dan likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Elevated concrete slab repair   Elevated concrete slab repair EmptyFebruary 8th 2024, 10:39 am

Another thing that crossed my mind. In some elevated concrete floors, a lighter stone is used to reduce the weight. It cost more but it does help. The stone is less dense yet still has the strength. The stone is usually saturated with water a few days before it gets mixed. That way the stone will not suck the water out of the concrete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elevated concrete slab repair   Elevated concrete slab repair Empty

Back to top Go down

Elevated concrete slab repair
Page 1 of 1