Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper Empty
PostSubject: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 19th 2023, 5:05 pm

Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper 20230516
Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper 20230515
Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper Screen13

Leafs are flat to bowed downward when the campers weight is on them, so I ordered a heavier rated set. Going with wet bolts and a dexter equalizer too. Lippert puts absolute crap springs on from the factory. They may technically be rated for the weight of the trailer, but they are weak as hell.

Storms rolling in, so I'll finish the install in the morning.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 20th 2023, 1:35 pm

Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper 20230517
Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper 20230518
Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper 20230519
Finished..not all that bad.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 20th 2023, 5:59 pm

Interesting setup.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 20th 2023, 6:37 pm

That should help. It's amazing how bad factory trailer parts can be.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 22nd 2023, 12:24 am

Interesting looking equalizers, they should help.
Those tires look awful close, almost like it should have been built with longer leafs.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 22nd 2023, 10:59 am

Diesel Dan wrote:
Interesting looking equalizers, they should help.
Those tires look awful close, almost like it should have been built with longer leafs.

The entire line of Wolf Pack toy haulers are like that for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 24th 2023, 12:16 am

I would think closer axles slightly reduce wheel binding during tight turns.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyMay 30th 2023, 6:35 pm

I learned a very tough lesson with leafs last year. my dad passed and we towed his boat on our family vacation as we always did (which was rough with him not being there for the first time in 32 years), but his trailer was on the original leafs and we had one break while towing in the middle of WI.

I found a fleet farm and was able to rig it together, then it slipped forward on the axel as I didnt realize there was a bump you had to set the u bolt plate on, we had a second break down.

it damn near killed me, had the wife and kids, two break downs and two spares gone. I fixed it again the second time, saw the mistake I made and we made it to the place way late.

one of the hardest things I had to go through, fully loaded for vacation, kids, etc. ugh.

I said hell with that, and bought a new 2023 shorelandr trailer while up there.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyJune 11th 2023, 1:04 pm

I didn't realize how much they move. Here's a video comparison of stock versus some upgrade options.

https://youtu.be/SGgX7gntV9w?t=233
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyJune 19th 2023, 2:08 pm

Installed the sumos

Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper 20230610
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyJune 23rd 2023, 8:11 pm

It's a spring so it shouldn't add any dampening. Maybe sumo springs reduce the leaf spring travel? Would adding another leaf spring do the same thing?
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper EmptyJune 27th 2023, 11:40 am

Diseasel wrote:
It's a spring so it shouldn't add any dampening. Maybe sumo springs reduce the leaf spring travel? Would adding another leaf spring do the same thing?
They act as a dampener basically, kinda like airbags. Takes the harshness out of the ride. Keeps things settled in the camper when traveling

Diesel Dan and Diseasel like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper   Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaf Spring and Equalizer swap on the.camper
Page 1 of 1