Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been quiet in here lately

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Been quiet in here lately Empty
PostSubject: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 20th 2023, 10:05 am

Everyone make it thru winter ok? Been quiet here lately
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 23rd 2023, 3:39 pm

I agree. For the past month I have been laid up due to a pinched nerve in my neck. My right arm and 3 fingers are numb all the time. I haven't been online or typing in a few weeks. Yesterday I had an MRI under sedation to find out the cause and remedy. Just sitting in a chair is painful. This sucks big time.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 24th 2023, 2:03 am

Building the wife a she shed.
8x12 with additional 4' porch. Insulated, metal roof and sides.

Been driving my latest  "project" truck:
1994 GMC C1500 ECSB 6.5TD, 5 lug 1/2 ton. Aiming for 25 +/- mpg

Have neck issues like Rich but not as bad, yet.
Really should make an appointment and get some more MRIs done to see how things are progressing and see if surgery will be required before I retire.

Edit:
Congrats!
We passed our 10th year anniversary on this site.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 24th 2023, 4:01 pm

Its all fun and games till shit starts falling off.

theshyguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 27th 2023, 5:03 am

Been working lots of hours - we're short handed. Go home to sleep and eat. They call us "the geriatric department" at work; other than the boss we're all in our sixties .... I turn 70 this year. One person retired a couple of weeks ago, another will next month. I've been thinking about it (retirement) but Bidenomics has me afraid to. Every time you turn around something else costs more than it used to or if it doesn't you get less of it. Our quarterly trash bill went from $81 to $112, property taxes jumped $500 etc, etc. Gotta replace a 16x7 garage door... quote was $3k+. Going to try and work the rest of the year and then the hell with it, let the chips fall where they may.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 27th 2023, 7:15 pm

Rusty,
You're more than due for a break!

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 28th 2023, 10:04 am

I got an epidural in my spine yesterday. I can actually feel my fingers on my right hand now. I'm looking forward to going back to work. Until we get out of NJ, I'll have to keep working. I do like our area, I can walk to the bay to fish and west of me is more Federal property to hunt. About 50 miles to the north is where you can't get me to live. Too close to NYC, whole different way of living.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMarch 28th 2023, 7:00 pm

Wouldn't want to think how bad of condition I'd be in after another 20 yrs of factory work.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyApril 11th 2023, 3:38 pm

I had a second epidural today. First one helped to some degree, maybe 25% better. The doctor recommended I see a chiropractor. I have a good friend that has a practice so I'll give that a shot. It will have to be debilitating for me to consider surgery.

Next weekend I have to fly to Fla to go to a memorial service for my wife's step father who died in February. You couldn't have met a nicer guy.

Two weeks after that I drive to Georgia for my daughters graduation. She will graduate with a B.S. in Organic Chemistry then  Move to Chapel Hill NC for her graduate degree.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyApril 12th 2023, 7:14 pm

Best of luck, sounds like you have a busy schedule.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyApril 27th 2023, 12:59 pm

I was in Florida this past weekend, flew in Friday, back out on Monday. What a hot humid place.
In another 8 days we are flying to Georgia for my daughters graduation. The drive for me is long, 14 hours on a good day. While flying can be a pain in the butt, It is still better.

Diesel Dan and rustbucket like this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMay 9th 2023, 1:02 pm

I just spent 3 nights, 4 days in Georgia for my daughters graduation. Weather was good, crazy storms during the night.
I noticed a lot of the people on the flight down where also on the flight home on Monday. Full planes with screaming kids suck.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMay 12th 2023, 9:26 am

I got my 3rd epidural yesterday. At this point the pain has pretty much gone away. Still slightly numb in a couple fingers but I think over the day it will go away.
The nurse said it should get me thru the summer. I will wait to it get bad before asking for more shots.
I will avoid surgery on my back until I can't stand the pain any more.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMay 13th 2023, 4:02 pm

That doesn't sound like fun.
I have the joy of wearing an EKG monitor for a week. Was feeling weird over the weekend and according to one of those finger monitors my pulse was dropping into the 30s. Figures after wearing a monitor it doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMay 13th 2023, 5:55 pm

Yesterday was a crazy day. I agreed to work a double, one at a stem school and the other for Auto shop with older students. About two hours into the auto shop my wife called and said our shepherd was excited and knocked her down. I left school (let the class out early) and took her to the hospital. She broke her left ankle. She is a teacher and it will be difficult for her to run the class. It's possible that I take over her class for the last month. I hope not, I really hate math!
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyMay 15th 2023, 12:05 pm

Hope she recovers quickly
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately EmptyOctober 16th 2023, 7:52 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Yesterday was a crazy day. I agreed to work a double, one at a stem school and the other for Auto shop with older students. About two hours into the auto shop my wife called and said our shepherd was excited and knocked her down. I left school (let the class out early) and took her to the hospital. She broke her left ankle. She is a teacher and it will be difficult for her to run the class. It's possible that I take over her class for the last month. I hope not, I really hate math!

Hows she doing?

Ive been busy with work and taking care of family. Getting way behind on chores around the house. Spent today working on the pickup putting in a secondary air pump bypass unit which then caused an exhaust leak that I cant seem to stop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been quiet in here lately   Been quiet in here lately Empty

Back to top Go down

Been quiet in here lately
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: