Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Contruction materials

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Contruction materials Empty
PostSubject: Contruction materials   Contruction materials EmptyOctober 3rd 2022, 12:41 am

Building materials have really dropped over the last 6 months.
Should be seeing it at the stores by now. Will be interesting to see how this changes after latest hurricane.

Contruction materials Lumber10
Contruction materials Steel10
Contruction materials Copper10
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Contruction materials   Contruction materials EmptyOctober 3rd 2022, 9:15 am

My mother in law texted me from Ft. Myers Fla asking if I could find a store with plywood. I didn't even look as I have been in hurricanes and after the storms hit you can't get any. They don't have a truck, so they couldn't bring it home in their Hyundai . They are in their early 80's and can't do that kind of work anyway. I offered to buy wood here and drive down.
Ice is also a big problem also.

Plywood has gone down in price to half of what they were asking during the peak Covid.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Contruction materials   Contruction materials EmptyOctober 10th 2022, 7:16 pm

Just checked the futures price on PVC and it's about 50% down in the last 12 months too.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Contruction materials   Contruction materials EmptyOctober 30th 2022, 12:45 am

The housing industry is taking it on the chin. Neighborhood remodeling has slowed. Maybe it's getting to be a good time to do some remodeling projects.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Contruction materials   Contruction materials EmptyOctober 31st 2022, 12:36 am

Diseasel wrote:
The housing industry is taking it on the chin. Neighborhood remodeling has slowed. Maybe it's getting to be a good time to do some remodeling projects.

Check materials before you start.
While the futures have collapsed the actual materials haven't, other than certain lumber products anyway. Electrical products still high, PVC still high etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contruction materials   Contruction materials Empty

Back to top Go down

Contruction materials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: