Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tesla Test Drive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Tesla Test Drive Empty
PostSubject: Tesla Test Drive   Tesla Test Drive EmptyNovember 20th 2021, 1:19 am

I finally broke down and test drove a Model Y. It's the first Tesla I ever drove in let alone drove and it was spectacular. It was the middle power AWD version. I think 0-60mph time is 4.8s and best case estimated range of 318 miles. It was far more quiet than I was expecting. I've driven hybrids before with loud electric motor whine and this was nothing like that. Even on the pipe the electric motor sound was minimal. The handling was impressive with a low center of gravity related to battery placement. It has a minimalistic interior. It ain't cheap and depending on which options are selected delivery can be almost a year out - Oct 2022.    

I'll probably go back and test drive the Model Y AWD Performance model. I think the 0-60 time is 3.5 sec. The Performance model downsides are a more harsh drive related to the low profile tires and slightly stiffer lowered (sport) suspension. On the upside, a Performance model could be delivered by Feb 2022.  

Unlike other test drives, there was no sales pressure. I set it up online but I could have just walked in. Just bring a drivers license and you are good to go.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Tesla Test Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla Test Drive   Tesla Test Drive EmptyNovember 22nd 2021, 12:47 pm

Ok, test drove the Model 3 Performance version. It didn't seem much quicker than the previous test drive but the 0-60 time is significantly less (3.1 sec). Instant acceleration at any speed. We had talked about test driving one for a while and my son really got a kick out of it. I have to admit I felt a little nauseated much like I would after getting off a roller coaster ride.
Back to top Go down

Tesla Test Drive
Page 1 of 1