Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New PitBoss Grill

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyDecember 2nd 2020, 10:13 pm

Old Faithful is getting long in the tooth. Acting squirrelly the last few cooks. Needing to be unplugged and reset to get through it. Its almost 6yrs old, so it was time.

Got a new one on clearance today from Lowes. Not the latest, greatest, wifi bootoof model. But it has meat temp probes where my old one didn't. Hard to beat it at the price I got it at.

New PitBoss Grill 820p210
New PitBoss Grill 820p110

Next decent weather weekend I'll break it in with a couple of Pork Shoulders(butts).
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyDecember 3rd 2020, 2:21 am

Nice, wifey was talking about getting a pellet grill.
Might have to swing by lowes and see if they have any left.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyDecember 3rd 2020, 11:08 am

Nice. I could use a better smoker myself. With the winter weather usually by mid-October outside cooking is over with. Too difficult to keep a uniform temperature.

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyDecember 3rd 2020, 4:13 pm

These things cook great. Moistest chicken ever. They just don't dry out like on a regular grill. Ribs are wonderful too.

Wind is howling out today or I'd do the initial burn in and seasoning. I'll probably do it tomorrow when the wind lays down some.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyDecember 3rd 2020, 5:41 pm

I'm going to see if the local Lowes has this. It looks like something I would use a lot in the warmer weather.

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyDecember 4th 2020, 4:43 pm

The rate of feed of the pellets can be adjusted for colder situations. Has 8 different settings to handle that. Faster it feeds, the warmer it keeps it in the cold.

Just did the initial burn in and seasoning on this one. Ready to cook on it now.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyDecember 5th 2020, 11:05 am

They have that model at my store, $599.

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJune 20th 2021, 7:28 pm

For fathers day, the boys bought me a Pit Boss. 1100 sq. inch surface. Threes racks of ribs are now smoking on it. About an hour till they get done, smells great. I'm still working with one arm so my son Mike is doing the cooking. (He really bought the smoker for himself lol) He will use it more than I will but that's okay.

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJune 21st 2021, 8:41 am

I cooked a brisket, a chicken and 4lbs of sausage on mine yesterday. Had the inlaws, her sisters family, nephew, his wife and 5 kids over for the first time since Covid started. They went thru the bbq like shit through a goose.

You'll like that PitBoss.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJune 30th 2021, 9:45 pm

Im still trying to find a time to make it back to DFW.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 9th 2021, 2:38 pm

New PitBoss Grill Jp110
Jalepeno's stuffed with marinated beef skirt steak, wrapped in bacon, Chupacabra seasoning sprinkled on.
2 skinned out rolls of hot breakfast sausage, wrapped in bacon, same seasoning.

Chupacabra is available on Amazon...some of the best seasoning I've come across.
Chupacabra-Amazon
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 9th 2021, 5:03 pm

Nice!
My son has been smoking ribs every Sunday. I hate to say I'm getting a little tired of them but he buys and cooks the ribs so I shouldn't complain.
We want to do a brisket but so far haven't found any that are as thick as we would like. Costco brisket are 2" thick, I think I'll just go to the butcher. He will have it but prices are very high. But, he does sell only quality meats.

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 9th 2021, 5:31 pm

New PitBoss Grill Jp210
2" thick brisket ain't bad if thats the flat end. Id start out on one about that size to get the hang of cooking them on the PitBoss
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 9th 2021, 5:42 pm

That looks delicious. I was thinking about the sausage roll you made and was thinking of smoking it with bacon wrapped around it.

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 9th 2021, 5:46 pm

TheQuig wrote:
That looks delicious. I was thinking about the sausage roll you made and was thinking of smoking it with bacon wrapped around it.

They come out good that way. Tastes like old school homemade smoked sausage. I usually cook 2 or 3 rolls every bbq. Goes fast.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 9th 2021, 5:48 pm

Peppers come out mild. After slicing them in half, scooping out all the seeds and white veins supporting the seeds, I soak them in ice water for 30mins to an hour. Takes most of the heat out, leaves the flavor in. Get a fiery one every now and then still though.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 9th 2021, 6:19 pm

New PitBoss Grill Sa110

theshyguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 11th 2021, 9:40 pm

New PitBoss Grill 2484002174

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyJuly 15th 2021, 8:27 pm

That looks great! I use the Chupacabra seasoning mixed with the Weber Dry Rub Original when cooking ribs. I agree, its some good seasoning. They sell it here at the United's.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyAugust 2nd 2021, 10:52 am

My son smoked Pork Belly yesterday. Cut it up for pulled pork. A little too much fat in the cut. Friday we are going to do 2 pork butts for a party at my brothers house. I've let my son do all the smoking and grilling since he enjoys doing it. Instead of aluminum foil for the last hour or two, he bought butcher paper and wraps the meat in that.

New PitBoss Grill Proces10

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyAugust 2nd 2021, 11:06 am

I let the pork butts cool a bit where they are easy to handle. The fat seperates from the meat easy at that point.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyAugust 2nd 2021, 11:45 am

When we do pork butt, we let it sit for 2 hours before pulling. This will be the first time smoking butt with this smoker, looking for some nice crust. We have been getting a nice smoke ring with the pork ribs, really happy with the PitBoss.

TheQuig

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyAugust 23rd 2021, 7:28 pm

My son smoked ribs on Sunday. Very tasty.

New PitBoss Grill 20210810

Diesel Dan and pup like this post

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill EmptyAugust 24th 2021, 8:59 am

I need to do some ribs. Might do that this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New PitBoss Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PitBoss Grill   New PitBoss Grill Empty

Back to top Go down

New PitBoss Grill
Page 1 of 1