Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Got lucky, going to the big "A"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Got lucky, going to the big "A" Empty
PostSubject: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyJuly 9th 2018, 9:03 pm

My step father in law is not doing too well and my mother in law wants to take a nice last trip before he can't travel anymore. We get along well and he is a guy that enjoys getting his hands dirty every day. On Saturday, my mother in law called and asked if we would go with them on an all expense first class trip on an Alaskan cruise. A dream come true for me. We need passports as we will be stopping in Canada and our NJ drivers license isn't accepted there. We are getting expedited passports and will have them in time.  Leaving for Anchorage 8/18, sailing to Vancouver and will stay there sightseeing for two days. All in all a 10 day trip.

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyJuly 11th 2018, 12:54 am

I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise. In fact its the only cruise my wife wants to take. I expect a lot of pictures and the low down on any future deals you learn about.

Hope you all have a great time.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyJuly 11th 2018, 7:00 pm

Thanks. I'm guessing the pictures will all be from my phone which actually has a better lens than my older camera. We did the passport thing yesterday. Now we have to find a flight from Philly or Newark to Anchorage and then a return flight from Vancouver.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyJuly 12th 2018, 9:36 pm

All things considered enjoy the best you can.
Never been on a cruise yet.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyJuly 13th 2018, 12:21 pm

This will be my first cruise. Never had the desire, but Alaska, and for free!

pup

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyJuly 15th 2018, 9:56 am

My brother and his family did that cruise a few years ago. Only cruise I'd ever consider going on.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyAugust 2nd 2018, 11:30 pm

I hear Alaska Cruises are the bomb. It's on my bucket list.

We did a 7 night, multi-island Hawaiian cruise ~10 years ago and it was nice. The boat cruised from island to island while we slept. We planned lots of shore activities.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyAugust 3rd 2018, 2:21 pm

I've been redoing a bathroom in my house for two weeks and have hardly given the Alaska cruise much thought. As I'm almost done I'm thinking about it a little more. From all information I have seen so far, it seems I need to pack warm cloths for the cruise. I was first thinking of shorts for the trips in towns, but so far everyone says jeans and long sleeve tee shirts with a backpack for a fleece and rain gear.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyAugust 13th 2018, 10:39 am

Last month when I renewed my needed prescriptions, the doctor was slow to respond (5 days) which is way too long. I told them how that affected the prescriptions I needed when I go to Alaska and was told not to worry. Today, when I called I was told that by law, they cannot renew them before 8/20. I'm leaving for Alaska on Saturday and they won't refill them. Nothing I can do right now, the doctor is still not in the office yet. I understand that his partner in the practice died and that is why he wasn't refilling or doing any office stuff, but really it is his responsibility to make it right.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyAugust 13th 2018, 11:04 am

I ran into issues getting a script filled at CVS back in May....Dr changed the dosage.

Got a weeks worth of runaround all because the Pharmacy tech wouldn't call the insurance co for clearance to refill early.

Never underestimate human laziness. They'd rather lie to you for 8hrs than work for 8 mins.

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyAugust 13th 2018, 12:25 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Last month when I renewed my needed prescriptions, the doctor was slow to respond (5 days) which is way too long. I told them how that affected the prescriptions I needed when I go to Alaska and was told not to worry. Today, when I called I was told that by law, they cannot renew them before 8/20. I'm leaving for Alaska on Saturday and they won't refill them. Nothing I can do right now, the doctor is still not in the office yet. I understand that his partner in the practice died and that is why he wasn't refilling or doing any office stuff, but really it is his responsibility to make it right.

Schedule 2 controlled meds have become very difficult these days. So much media attention on abuse so the rest of society must suffer. Now the docs have to jump through hoops by limiting the # of refills per order, shorten 'as needed' order lifespans - so now need to refill more often, and personal dr attention to place each order directly with the pharmacy. And then pharmaceutical companies are being pressured to stop manufacturing meds so there are more frequent med shortages. It's a mess.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" EmptyAugust 15th 2018, 5:22 pm

They have taken care of the problem and I can get my prescriptions on Thursday. That gives me enough time to pack them with stuffing them in the suitcase at the last minute.

PostSubject: Re: Got lucky, going to the big "A"   Got lucky, going to the big "A" Empty

Back to top Go down

Got lucky, going to the big "A"
Page 1 of 1