Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 14th 2018, 6:20 pm

On my Chevy 2010 Silverado crew cab, the window trim on the rear door, Part #1 in pic needs to be replaced. Near the top of the trim the trim broke and now lets water in. I bought the new trim, have looked on you tube and forums for days and can't find directions or videos on how to change it out. Do I need to take the inside of the door panel off to undo the clips on the old trim? I paid a lot for the new piece of trim and don't want to screw up how to install it. Any advice would be appreciated. Currently I put calk to keep it somewhat in place but that is a short term fix.

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? Belt_molding
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 14th 2018, 11:18 pm

USUALLY, that stuff just snaps on.
Never replaced any on your model however.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 15th 2018, 4:43 pm

I know there are four clips on the trim, and the new trim doesn't come with any clips. I have a feeling I need to have the window down and the inside door panel off to get the old clips out and put on the new trim.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 19th 2018, 4:06 pm

I called a Chevy dealer today. He asked for my vin, looked it up and said no clips just push down hard and it locks in.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 22nd 2018, 11:54 pm

Howd it go?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 23rd 2018, 12:51 pm

It was an easy job, a little elbow grease to get it off, nothing anyone here couldn't do. Window works fine, no water in the door after rain.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? EmptyJune 24th 2018, 2:25 am

Glad to hear it worked out and they didn't make it any harder.
The outside window trim on my '84 just pops off. Only 4-5 clips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?   Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have experience replaicing Windo trim?
Page 1 of 1