Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Polaris shuts down Victory

Go down 
+2
Truth
pup
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Polaris shuts down Victory  Empty
PostSubject: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyJanuary 9th 2017, 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyJanuary 9th 2017, 7:15 pm

Too many irons in the fire.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyJanuary 9th 2017, 7:21 pm

With too many recalls to pay for
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyJanuary 9th 2017, 11:02 pm

That's crazy!
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyJanuary 10th 2017, 10:39 am

I think Victory's were some solid bikes, but I never liked the look of their engines. those cylinders were just too damn tall. That and Arlen Ness had way too much influence on the designs.

I like the look of the Indians engine, but I don't really care for the huge fenders. If they would build a bagger model with some update/evolved fenders I think they'd have more buyers. It's a pretty small niche they are trying to fill with the super retro look. It has a place, but a modernized Indian look would too.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyFebruary 26th 2017, 10:45 pm

pup wrote:

I like the look of the Indians engine, but I don't really care for the huge fenders.  

Love 'em or hate 'em but I think the fenders are part of what makes an Indian an Indian the same way an Electra Glide's batwing fairing and distinctive fenders make a Harley a Harley and really help to differentiate the two brands. Maybe it's an acquired taste but I like the fenders on the big Indians. Reminds me of a guy I knew back in the early '70's who restored a '48 Chief ... the current one looks like they never went out of production. For me anyways, it would make the choice of a new bike a tough one.

Polaris shuts down Victory  Santao10
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyApril 8th 2017, 12:11 pm

Pup wrote:
If they would build a bagger model with some update/evolved fenders I think they'd have more buyers. It's a pretty small niche they are trying to fill with the super retro look. It has a place, but a modernized Indian look would too.

You nailed it ....
Polaris shuts down Victory  Image-10

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/chieftain-limited-thunder-black

Looks like Indian is trying to cover all their bases ....
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyApril 8th 2017, 1:50 pm

Polaris shuts down Victory  Img_1312

Looks good... for an Indian.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyApril 9th 2017, 5:29 pm

ggbaird wrote:
Polaris shuts down Victory  Img_1312

Looks good... for an Indian.

lol! Looks too much like a Harley to me ... I think a Street Glide/ Street Glide Special is the better looking bike- why buy a knockoff when you can have the original. Maybe it's rapidly approaching old geezer hood but I really like the look of the Indian Chief Classic, Chief Vintage and the Springfield. Definitely old school looks but having been around Indians decades ago that's a plus. Think the competition has been good for both brands- they both have had to step up their game a notch or two. Truth be told I think I'd be happy with either brand .... H-D Road King or Street Glide or Indian Chief Classic, Chief Vintage or the Springfield and it would be a tough choice.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 9:39 am

I like that one. The full fender look can only go so far for me.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 12:10 pm

If they keep Arlin Ness away from it, they have a chance.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 12:37 pm

Charlie in TX wrote:
If they keep Arlin Ness away from it, they have a chance.

That is the truth.

On another note, they sure are proud of some of those Indians, the prices are a tad crazy on some of them.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  EmptyApril 12th 2017, 12:02 am

I prefer the Indian look to the Harley. I always wanted a VRod though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polaris shuts down Victory    Polaris shuts down Victory  Empty

Back to top Go down

Polaris shuts down Victory
Page 1 of 1