Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lifted the Rubicon

Go down 
+3
Hilux
Diesel Dan
pup
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 26th 2015, 5:31 pm

One of the nice things about having the 2 door, is you can use the heavier spring rates off of a 4 door Rubicon and get a dirt cheap lift.

Before pic...
Lifted the Rubicon Jkl5_zpsvr6yuxcj
Stripping down the front axle...
Lifted the Rubicon Jkl3_zpspemcaw3e
Front JK spring vs JKU spring.
Lifted the Rubicon Jkl4_zpsdnk40z0h
Rear vs Rear
Lifted the Rubicon Jkl2_zpsgynugpwp
Final product.
Lifted the Rubicon Jkl1_zpsfsgetzzz

Total cost, 80 bucks, which included the JKU higher rate springs off of a 4 door Rubicon and 2 3/4" pucks for the front off Amazon.

It even rides better with the higher rate springs.

A tad over 2" in the front, a tad under 2" in the back...pretty much levels it out and removes the factory rake.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 26th 2015, 6:54 pm

Nice!
Now THAT is a Jeep, 2 doors and a soft top.
Back to top Go down
Hilux

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 3:53 pm

Looks good , I am also shocked to see a two door Jeep , I am hoping Jeep actually makes a Wrangler pickup in a few years .
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 3:56 pm

Very nice! Are you going to do anything with the shocks or just them them OEM for now?

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 4:37 pm

Looks good. Looks much better leveled out.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 4:55 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Nice!
Now THAT is a Jeep, 2 doors and a soft top.

... what he said!
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 5:40 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
pup

pup

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 6:21 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Very nice! Are you going to do anything with the shocks or just them them OEM for now?

Just OEM for now, the Rubicon shocks are an upgrade from the regular ones...when I do change them, I'll go with some Rancho 9000 adjustables.

It actually rides and handles better with these springs. Feels more planted on the road.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 6:23 pm

It's kinda hard to find a JK soft top these days. It's a rare bird.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 6:27 pm

I spent a couple days in the hospital at the beginning of Sept over some chest pains and BP concerns, got out, bought the Jeep a day or so later and immediately came down with a crazy upper respiratory infection that has beaten my ass for about 3 weeks now.

Went out and did the lift yesterday, took about 3hrs total. I sweated down to a pool of misery, but stayed with it.

I was more exhausted yesterday evening than I can remember. Went to bed at 6pm and slept through til 6am.

Feeling better than I have in weeks now.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 6:57 pm

Take care of yourself! I bet working on the Jeep actually was good for you even though at the time it was exhausting.

pup

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 7:09 pm

I think it finally broke the infection...I'm not nearly as congested as I've been. At one point, I didn't think I was going to be able to finish, just laid there flat of my back under the back end for about 5 minutes trying to catch my breath and get my heart rate down...everything finally settled in, I caught my second wind and finished up with no problems

Sometimes, you need drastic measures to get past it. I feel like a truck ran over me soreness wise, but all else is better than it's been in months.

Air tools are great too.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 7:19 pm

That respiratory crap is going around here, too. Been some people at work that had it, then I managed to get it. Ribs were sore as hell from all the coughing (not to mention the sweats) but I'm just about over it now. Glad you're starting to feel better ... it's miserable crap to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 8:33 pm

Lifted the Rubicon 1346693609 Zombie virus!
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon EmptySeptember 27th 2015, 11:51 pm

I can attest from Pup helping with my bike, without being sick he could break a sweat in the middle of Siberia.

I hate the soreness from coughing the worse from being sick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lifted the Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifted the Rubicon   Lifted the Rubicon Empty

Back to top Go down

Lifted the Rubicon
Page 1 of 1