Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing Empty
PostSubject: VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing   VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 12:14 am

VAG might be on the hook for over $1billion and recall 500,000 vehicles. A billion is probably reasonable given that over the road diesel engine manufacturers did something similar a few years ago and cost them hundreds of millions.

It was a bold, desperate move. Maybe VW wanted to save money by reducing maintenance costs related to clogged intakes and EGR valves, DPF repair, etc.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/09/18/epa-volkswagen-used-defeat-device-to-circumvent-air-pollution-controls/
Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing   VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 8:36 am

Article reads epa could fine as much as $37,000 per vehicle, amounts to around 18 billion. I know they probably wont fine that much but wow.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing   VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 9:32 am

If I had one of those cars I wouldn't be lining up for a computer reflash. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing   VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 1:12 pm

EPA is now on the warpath. Will start checking for defeat devices on all manufacturers.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing   VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing EmptySeptember 20th 2015, 7:08 pm

1) I sure wouldn't want the reflash either.

2) That fine would be as much as the vehicle itself, that's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing   VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing EmptySeptember 20th 2015, 10:29 pm

Epa in Texas can fine you 25,000 just for selling a vehicle that has emission controls missing or tampered with. I'd expect Cal. fines more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing   VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing Empty

Back to top Go down

VW Auto Group Cheated Emissions Testing
Page 1 of 1