Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trump

Go down 
+5
Truth
joemac
TheQuig
theshyguy
ggbaird
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 14th 2015, 1:21 pm

Trump wants more auto manufacturing in US, but at lower wages?

Trump Image67

Quote :
As a frontrunner among the Republican hopefuls to become the next president, Donald Trump has a lot of political sway at the moment. He's already using the national platform to threaten huge taxes against Ford for using factories in Mexico, and in a new interview with The Detroit News, Trump is expanding his thoughts to the whole auto industry. There's only one problem: Trump's suggested plan might not even be possible.

Trump believes that automakers shouldn't be opening factories in Mexico and then shipping the vehicles or components back to the US. In the interview, he offers a solution towards growing vehicle manufacturing – leave Michigan. "You can go to different parts of the United States and then ultimately you'd do full-circle – you'll come back to Michigan because those guys are going to want their jobs back even if it is less," the presidential hopeful said. "We can do the rotation in the United States – it doesn't have to be in Mexico." He further elaborated, suggesting that after Michigan "loses a couple of plants – all of sudden you'll make good deals in your own area."

Trump's strategy raises many challenges, though. One problem is that the current agreement between automakers and the United Auto Workers prevents the Big Three from paying workers in any state a lower amount, according to TheDetroitBureau.com. Even if that hurdle is somehow cleared, employees at non-unionized US plants – such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Nissan – are still making a whole lot more than the $8 or $9 an hour of those at some factories in Mexico, and it seems highly unlikely that any American workers would be willing to work factory jobs for wages that low.

Beyond North American labor issues, Trump is now discussing problems with Japan, too. In the interview, he mentions the massive automotive trade deficit that sees over a million vehicles come here annually, while only thousands are exported there. "Until you open your markets, you're not selling any more cars over here," Trump threatens. "That's going to force people to build in the United States."

AutoBlog
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 15th 2015, 10:56 pm

He has a lot of good ideas and excellent points but overall he may very well be worse than our current POTUS.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 16th 2015, 1:19 pm

Just another rich guy that has no clue of what it is like to be a middle class citizen working in America. Let him try to live on the wages he asks others to accept. He is a big mouth party divider with little to no political connections.
I agree, he could be worse than our current POTUS.

joemac

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 16th 2015, 10:26 pm

Which of the candidates best relates to middle class citizens working in America? Least Trumps talking about policies the others don't want to touch. I like making politicians uncomfortable, skirm int their chairs and stumble over answers.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 17th 2015, 10:47 am

I like that he is talking about the rarely mentioned issues too. But he dodges questions just like a politician. They ask him about X and he says "Look, blah blah blah about Y." or "Listen, they tell me Mr. Trump we love you, we respect you but Z." His favorite go to is how China is beating us but he would magically change that. All he ever answers is that people love him and that everyone that questions him or makes him look like a less shiny turd is a bimbo, loser, or idiot.

Plus his idea to stop ISIS is to invade Iraq and take the oil. And by take I mean he wants to take it and keep it. He would effectively try to dissolve Iraq as a nation and do exactly what the liberals claimed Bush was trying to do when he invaded.

He makes some excellent points about whats wrong with the country but he is a horrible messenger of those issues and a worse person to try and fix them.
Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 17th 2015, 10:54 am

It's getting to the point where one might as well use a dart board to pick their choice of half reared politicians. Might get lucky by mistake.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 17th 2015, 12:15 pm

joemac wrote:
Which of the candidates best relates to middle class citizens working in America?  Least Trumps talking about policies the others don't want to touch.  I like making politicians uncomfortable, skirm int their chairs and stumble over answers.

This thread was about Trump, so I was commenting about Trump. While he does bring up interesting views on how to change things, my point was he probably couldn't relate to the middle class working people. He doesn't know what it is like to not be able to get on a private jet and go to Europe for dinner or holding off buying something that your kids could use because there is a mortgage to pay and food to put on the table.
Yes, let's invade Iraq conquer ISIS and take the oil! You can bet no one he knows has a son that will be the "boots" on the ground. His lifestyle is so different from middle America that he just can't relate.

joemac

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 17th 2015, 12:53 pm

It was stated that Trump can't relate to middle class America.  Next logical question would be, who that's running for a nomination would best relate to middle class America?  

Additionally for committing boots on the ground, I believe there were two out of the 535 in Congress who's sons were actually serving and or could remotely be considered "boots" on the ground.  This may have been from 2012 or 2010, can't remember exactly.  

So if were looking for Congress to have some "skin" in the game before we go all NeoCon over the globe, voters are going to have to replace most all of the 535 in office today.

War isn't a one man show.  Least it didn't used to be.  The Constitution says we need an declaration of war, this comes from Congress.  The President has sufficient authority to protect the country in the event of imminent attack.  The War Powers act provides the CiC with authority for 60 or 90 days.  

If its of any consultation, if our President had a son, he would be like Travon.  Wonder if that counts?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 17th 2015, 3:27 pm

At this point in time, I am not familiar with all 16 potential candidates. I just know that Trump, who has been in the limelight for as long as dirt is not the man for the job. He is too arrogant to have a working relationship with other world leaders as well as congress. 1/5 of the present congress have served in the military so I would say they do have/had skin in the game.

As we get closer to the election and the field is narrowed, it will be easier to see who has the better agenda. If you like the in your face candidate then Christie is your man that has the connections.

joemac

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 17th 2015, 8:34 pm

TheQuig wrote:
At this point in time, I am not familiar with all 16 potential candidates. I just know that Trump, who has been in the limelight for as long as dirt is not the man for the job. He is too arrogant to have a working relationship with other world leaders as well as congress. 1/5 of the present congress have served in the military so I would say they do have/had skin in the game.

As we get closer to the election and the field is narrowed, it will be easier to see who has the better agenda. If you like the in your face candidate then Christie is your man that has the connections.

Christie? We can mention other candidates in this post? If any journalist had some balls they'd ask Christie for accounting of where that $61 billion dollars in Sandy relief vanished. These people are a disgrace to be candidates for the POTUS. The rest of the world laughs at us. We wonder why the US isn't respected any longer. Look at who it is we vote into leadership!

This isn't breaking news, the US don't have a working relationship with any leaders any longer.  We spy on them, rob them of their natural resources, or bomb them. Why would anyone want anything to do with us?  When is the last time one of our leaders went and had diplomatic meetings with Putin?  W or Reagan.  Reagan was serious. W was more or less along for some site seeing.

Congress doesn't have any skin in the game.  They're not voting for themselves to go into battle.  Though we should be giving McCain and Graham boots, rifle and helmet and para-drop those two into a hot zone.  There isn't a war they don't want other Americans not have have a chance to die for.

Crazy thing about our election theater, it's an illusion of choice, the GPO has their nominee chosen.  Through creative rule changes, and positive spin media coverage, they make sure their candidate gets nominated.  The GOP in '12 made certain Ron Paul didn't get nominated, new rules on the nomination day, and a microphone sound drop out prevented his name from being nominated with a vote for the floor.

It's more of a shell game, which of the 16 is the GPO chosen one, that's the one we'll get.  Hope we all like him or her.

In the end it's all the same.  The illusion gets people every time.  Same wars, spending, taxes, and destruction of our country brought to you by both parties.

Pick something simple.  Like a country border.  Countries around the world don't have the pandemonium we do.  They can somehow secure their border, and the "Greatest Country in the World" can't.  Sad.

Trump is fun, that's about it.  Likely the fun has an expiration date.

For instance he wants to boot out anchor babies with the families.  This is strictly prohibited in the Constitution.  Any child born here is a natural citizen no matter the circumstances of the parents.  But that's the rule of law, might as well toss law out since we're just making crap up as we go and having a magic show of elections. The American populous couldn't care less or vest less time into changing the course of our country, as long as they have the NFL and the latest smart phone, everything is just dandy.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 17th 2015, 10:49 pm

Trump is entertaining. Can we change the channel now to something else, he is already getting old.

GOP may have "chosen" someone but there is a lot of time for that to change. People were saying Hillary had the nomination in the bag in 2008 and she got beat by a rookie. They have been saying the same about her the last year, her dirt is finally starting to stick some.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 18th 2015, 7:58 am

Trump is tapping into the huge anti-career politician sentiment out there. I don't really care for him, but I understand what he's doing.

Obama did the same thing in a way in 08....people were enthralled with the notion, not the substance, and he became whatever they wished him to be and completely ignored everything he wasn't.

Look how that turned out.

America wants something different so bad we are willing to live in a dreamland to get it. Thats how sick we are of Washington and the political vultures who rape us daily.

To me, its a dangerous time, this is how people like Hitler emerge, tapping into the rage and exploiting it for themselves.

We are closer to that than anyone cares to admit.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 18th 2015, 8:27 am

Quote :
The stereotypical politician woos voters by kissing babies. Donald Trump, however, is anything but a stereotypical politician: he gives them helicopter rides.

However, the people at the Iowa State Fair are spoilsports. In spite of The Donald’s wish to give the rides at the fair itself, the organizers simply wouldn’t allow it.

Trump being Trump, though, managed to find a way around it, using a parking lot adjacent to the state fairgrounds in Des Moines to conduct the free helicopter rides.

Trump first revealed the plan in an interview with the U.K. Daily Mail. “We’re going to fly it out to Iowa, and I’m going to have it there… I’m going to try giving kids lifts in the helicopter,” Trump said. “You know, young kids. Yeah! If I can do it – if I’m allowed to do it!”

Well, he wasn’t technically allowed to do it, at least not in the original venue. However, a spokeswoman for the fair said that as long as it wasn’t on the fairgrounds, it was fair game.

From Conservative Tribune

He's not the status quo and likes screwing with the establishment. If the other candidates had an original thought their heads would explode. The establishment is pissed because he's making a mockery of all of them and rightfully so.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 18th 2015, 11:45 am

joemac wrote:
TheQuig wrote:

Christie?  We can mention other candidates in this post?  If any journalist had some balls they'd ask Christie for accounting of where that $61 billion dollars in Sandy relief vanished.  These people are a disgrace to be candidates for the POTUS.  The rest of the world laughs at us.  We wonder why the US isn't respected any longer.  Look at who it is we vote into leadership!

This isn't breaking news, the US don't have a working relationship with any leaders any longer.  We spy on them, rob them of their natural resources, or bomb them.  Why would anyone want anything to do with us?  When is the last time one of our leaders went and had diplomatic meetings with Putin?  W or Reagan.  Reagan was serious.  W was more or less along for some site seeing.

Congress doesn't have any skin in the game.  They're not voting for themselves to go into battle.  Though we should be giving McCain and Graham boots, rifle and helmet and para-drop those two into a hot zone.  There isn't a war they don't want other Americans not have have a chance to die for.

Crazy thing about our election theater, it's an illusion of choice, the GPO has their nominee chosen.  Through creative rule changes, and positive spin media coverage, they make sure their candidate gets nominated.  The GOP in '12 made certain Ron Paul didn't get nominated, new rules on the nomination day, and a microphone sound drop out prevented his name from being nominated with a vote for the floor.

It's more of a shell game, which of the 16 is the GPO chosen one, that's the one we'll get.  Hope we all like him or her.

In the end it's all the same.  The illusion gets people every time.  Same wars, spending, taxes, and destruction of our country brought to you by both parties.

Pick something simple.  Like a country border.  Countries around the world don't have the pandemonium we do.  They can somehow secure their border, and the "Greatest Country in the World" can't.  Sad.

Trump is fun, that's about it.  Likely the fun has an expiration date.

For instance he wants to boot out anchor babies with the families.  This is strictly prohibited in the Constitution.  Any child born here is a natural citizen no matter the circumstances of the parents.  But that's the rule of law, might as well toss law out since we're just making crap up as we go and having a magic show of elections.  The American populous couldn't care less or vest less time into changing the course of our country, as long as they have the NFL and the latest smart phone, everything is just dandy.

The only reason I chose Christie is he is my governor and I know his tricks from the last 2 terms. I wasn't serious about him being "the man". While I like him for certain things, he is not the man I want for POTUS.

Diesel Dan

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 10:36 am

joemac wrote:
He's not the status quo and likes screwing with the establishment.  If the other candidates had an original thought their heads would explode.   The establishment is pissed because he's making a mockery of all of them and rightfully so.

That is why so many like him.
IF he was to get elected both the dems and repubs would do their best to shut him down but at least he would shake things up some.

We need to do something to change current American politics.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 1:44 pm

Trump says some good stuff but then sticks his foot far in mouth. He has little ability to suppress inappropriate comments. He has some Perot like qualities but on steroids and I even liked Perot. If Trump could ever fix that he might have a chance. I think that's what many hope for. As it is, he could never win in the current electoral system. Maybe the Trump team could hook up a shock collar and zap him when he's about to go off the path.

On the good side, he's not loyal to any party and that's what the US needs most. Every presidential cycle is the same. Candidates pretend to me middle of the road, give an impression of being conciliatory while promising change, and then go to the White House to firmly align with their party and screw the public with the same old priorities.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 11:12 pm

He says a lot of what needs t be said and then he goes and calls reports and pollsters bimbos and loser. I start to really like him and then he screws it up by not only being unpresidential but a complete jerk and ahole.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 12:05 am

I agree some of his comments can be abrasive but I for one am tired of all this PC crap. He interviews are obviously not scripted or read off a teleprompter like the other candidates.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 8:43 am

When asked if Hillary could be trusted creating jobs

"Well, the last time Hillary was in the White House, she outsourced her one job to an intern named Monica, and Monica promptly blew it"
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 9:22 am

And that is exactly why he has such a large crowd, he isnt a politician. People like that he isnt PC, no talking points, pretty boy haircut.... looking and sounding like a typical politician. He can even somewhat make fun of himself. The lady he had come up and see if his hair was real and then joked like it was a magician show. That was a great, that shows he is a likable and down to earth guy. But again, just when he starts to really draw you in he shoves his foot straight down his throat.

We will see how well he fares when he starts to give more details about how he will win everything and make everyone happy as he has been claiming he can and will do. Its all in the details.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 10:12 am

theshyguy wrote:
Its all in the details.

Yup like "change", "transparency"......
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 10:26 am

theshyguy wrote:
But again, just when he starts to really draw you in he shoves his foot straight down his throat.

You know that's alright. We people think some of the same things that he's speaking, we seldom never state them out loud. Brash, yes. A good section would like to but simply don't have a platform.

Calling Megyn Kelly a bimbo and going after her. She deserves it, Chris and Brett do as well. Calling her a bimbo? No my choice of words, but calling her out for the lack of integrity of a journalist in the debate rightfully so. We'll all imperfect, Trump as well. This is part of the attraction. There was an obvious agenda setup for Trump to fail in the debate. It was clear, as it took till question number eight to get to a question that somewhat resembled anything to do with a policy of government.

Pretty sad state of affairs in our country when Trump "looks" like he isn't the status quo. We should have a majority of similar candidates to choose. This echos the severity of our current state.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 11:37 am

Trump has appeal because Americans are sick of having to vote for the shiny end of the turd.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 2:02 pm

I think the question of supporting the eventually candidate at the get go was a setup for a Trump and was unfair. As for everything else, I didn't see any bias. Trump just hates to be painted in a bad light or challenged.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 29th 2015, 11:48 pm

Trump makes me uneasy (gut instinct- can't really say why) but his assault on political correctness is long overdue.

political correctness- a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

No idea how all of this will shake out ... never thought the current occupant of the White House, who couldn't empty a boot full of water with instructions printed on the heel and makes Nixon look like a choir boy, could get elected once let alone twice. Incompetent and dishonest is a dangerous combination. Could be Trump is a sign the electorate is finally waking up and is ready to do a little house cleaning. Speaker of the House Boner (int. mis.) should be one of the first to go.

Gonna be some interesting times.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 30th 2015, 12:37 am

Speaker Boner has been a huge disappointment. He likes to talk big but when push comes to shove he caves at the lift of Obamas eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 30th 2015, 11:29 am

theshyguy wrote:
I think the question of supporting the eventually candidate at the get go was a setup for a Trump and was unfair.  As for everything else, I didn't see any bias. Trump just hates to be painted in a bad light or challenged.

The 2nd question of the debate.  Asking Trump about comments and name calling toward Rosie O'Donnell.  Such a good use of time for a Presidential debate.

Mark Levine described the first hour as a "reality TV show" with the moderators taking a third of the entire debate time for the program.  Some of the candidates didn't even get five minutes worth of total speaking time out of a two hour debate.  

http://www.mediaite.com/online/mark-levin-goes-off-on-fox-megyn-kelly-over-debate-they-had-ratings-agenda/

Most of the questioning and agenda was disingenuous to the American people with purposefully designed agenda questions going after Trump because he isn't the NewCorp chosen candidate.  Massive issues with war, spending, debt, economy, trade, dissolved borders, yet this question was important enough to be the second question of the Presidential debate.  Cruz finally gets a question 40 minutes in asking if God spoke to him.  

There was a higher expectation of the questioning and impartiality by the supposed journalists hosting the event.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 30th 2015, 11:37 am

The entire Congress is a disappointment. They begged us to put them in power in the house, we did that. This last go around, if the Republicans just had the senate was begged and pleaded at nauseum. We gave them that. What have the Republicans done? Zero. Border, immigration, spending, war, NSA spying goes unchecked, socialist healthcare. Eliminating any agencies? Nope. Smaller government, Nada. We need to hit the reset button on the whole shooting match, if we're to gain our country back.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 30th 2015, 1:15 pm

Everything they asked except the independent run question I am fine with them asking a presidential candidate. Some got more time than others because there were 10 people on stage. Once it narrows down we can get to the details and luckily Trump should help break through the talking points. Except he has no details as of yet either except promising he will fix everything and everyone will get unicorns and rainbows.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump EmptyAugust 30th 2015, 1:29 pm

theshyguy wrote:
Speaker Boner has been a huge disappointment. He likes to talk big but when push comes to shove he caves at the lift of Obamas eyebrow.  

Exactly ... "go along to get along" doesn't cut it. Calls Ted Cruz an "ass&^%#" but treats BHO with kid gloves ... with friends like Boner (and McConnell too) who needs enemies. joemac has it right, we put them in power and they've done jacksquat- time to send a whole bunch of them packing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump   Trump Empty

Back to top Go down

Trump
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next