Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sierra Refresh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Sierra Refresh Empty
PostSubject: Sierra Refresh   Sierra Refresh EmptyJuly 15th 2015, 4:58 pm

2016 GMC Sierra Revealed
Expanded LED Lighting, Updated Details Give Half-Ton a Fresh Look

Sierra Refresh Image41

Quote :
Following in the footsteps of its corporate cousin, the GMC Sierra is getting some cosmetic updates for 2016, although the changes aren’t immediately apparent. GMC claims that exterior styling is the top reason customers choose the Sierra, so there’s no reason to alter its appearance drastically, but the facelift will keep things fresh in the face of competition from the evergreen Ram 1500 and modern Ford F-150.

Most obvious is a new, larger radiator grille, which comes with unique detailing and texturing for all models. As before, the Denali’s chrome-heavy grille has a mesh look framing a prominent GMC logo. The volume-seller Sierra SLT’s grille design is simpler, comparatively, but still features lots of chrome, while the All-Terrain has a body-colored radiator shell with black chrome grille accents.

Framing those grilles will be new lighting elements and an updated front fascia. LEDs play a key role in the Sierra’s design, with C-shaped daytime running signature lights swooping around new LED headlights. LED foglamps are set in an all-new front fascia, with a scalloped front bumper making room for the shield-shaped grille opening. The power bulges on the 2015 Sierra’s hood have been exaggerated for 2016, with the notch at the top of the grille following suit.

GMC didn’t explicitly discuss any other changes for the 2016 Sierra, but if the changes made on the Silverado are any indicator, it’s fair to assume wider availability for the eight-speed automatic (probably as an option on the 5.3L V8), a refined infotainment interface with some additional functionality, minor interior enhancements, and some additional fine-tuning of the truck’s driving experience.

The 2015 Sierra is a handsome truck, and thankfully, the 2016 hasn’t been spoiled by its cosmetic changes. Although there are some bold elements that may take getting used to, the new Sierra should help GMC maintain the sales momentum that has led the company to 12 months of consecutive year-over-year sales gains.

Sierra Refresh Image42

Truck Trend

Last edited by ggbaird on July 15th 2015, 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

Sierra Refresh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sierra Refresh   Sierra Refresh EmptyJuly 15th 2015, 7:58 pm

It looks better than the Silverado, but both have too much plastic on the front end to suit my taste.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Sierra Refresh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sierra Refresh   Sierra Refresh EmptyOctober 3rd 2015, 3:24 pm

Sierra Refresh 2016-gmc-sierra-allterrain-013

Sierra Refresh 635725645181058769-2016-GMC-Sierra-Denali-003
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Sierra Refresh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sierra Refresh   Sierra Refresh EmptyOctober 4th 2015, 5:41 am

TheQuig wrote:
It looks better than the Silverado, but both have too much plastic on the front end to suit my taste.

I agree. They're both too busy looking for me. All the folds and creases? And the squared-off fenders? I suppose they'll grow on me eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

Sierra Refresh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sierra Refresh   Sierra Refresh EmptyOctober 6th 2015, 4:42 pm

very angular look.

I like the updates though, more LED and carplay is really nice.

I had a loaded 2016 yukon for a rental and it had that, works awesome with the Iphone.

I will at least look at the 6.2 8 speed SLT next time which will likely be next year.

that and a tundra platinum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sierra Refresh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sierra Refresh   Sierra Refresh Empty

Back to top Go down

Sierra Refresh
Page 1 of 1