Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back to teaching.................

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Back to teaching................. Empty
PostSubject: Back to teaching.................   Back to teaching................. EmptyMay 9th 2015, 8:19 pm

Judo, two nights a week for no pay. Stopped by the YMCA to see my old Judo partner and he has his hands full with new students. He has been doing this for free for at least 20 years. Being out of shape, I didn't want to get on the mat, but the kids just weren't doing it right. I had my 14 year old daughter with me and she told me she didn't know I was an expert. I didn't realize that she was younger when I did it 3 nights a week. She wants to go next week and start. I can use the workout and helping a friend while spending time with my daughter is worth it. Only problem is my black belt shrunk so I have to buy a new one. I like my old ragged belt so I'll have to work off some weight to wear it again. Good incentive.

PostSubject: Re: Back to teaching.................   Back to teaching................. EmptyMay 9th 2015, 10:36 pm

State wont let you work so you might as well help a friend out and get in shape at the same time while getting some time with your daughter, win-win-win. Congrats on not staying home bored all day waiting on the pension people to call back.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Back to teaching.................   Back to teaching................. EmptyMay 10th 2015, 9:56 am

I'm not bored. There is work to do on the house every day. I"m cleaning out the garage so I can drop the gas tank, replace two batteries and put it out for sale.
There seems to be more to do at home than when I worked. Today, I have to pick up the in-laws that were headed home from North Carolina on their 52' trawler, but the weather got bad and they had to go to a marina and tie up. I'll take them up to Staten Island, then back down on the weekend since I'm retired and have nothing to do (sarcastic).
I have to read up on Judo, my Japanese has gotten bad from not using it for a few years.

PostSubject: Re: Back to teaching.................   Back to teaching................. Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to teaching.................
Page 1 of 1