Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honda Civic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Honda Civic Empty
PostSubject: Honda Civic   Honda Civic EmptyApril 10th 2015, 7:04 pm

I know it's not a truck, but I felt I had to include this. On Monday I had my 16 year old replace the brakes and rotors on the 2010 Honda Civic we bought new in 2010. While home from college on spring break, my son called and told me the front of his car was "squealing". I had him bring it home and gave him the Altima to drive. I knew by the noise it was the piece of metal clip they put on the pads to let you know it's time to change. I thought I would do them this summer as he just passed 50,000 miles.
I buy most of my parts from Rock Auto as they give you a good selection of what you need. For $116 I received both front and rear pads and rotors. The front pads were totally shot, about the thickness of a sheet of paper. Surprisingly the rotors were not grooved but for the price, I have been replacing rotors when I do pads. Rear were half way worn, but the rotor was single thickness instead of the dual like the fronts with the cooling fins in between. But the rear pads were only 4" in length at most. I think my bicycle has larger pads lol.
Lucky we/he did them on Monday as it has been raining ever since. I should have gone to Georgia for break with my wife, but couldn't find anyone staying around to feed the animals.

Honda Civic
Page 1 of 1