Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IRS wants everything I own NOT!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

IRS wants everything I own NOT! Empty
PostSubject: IRS wants everything I own NOT!   IRS wants everything I own NOT! EmptyFebruary 25th 2015, 11:18 am

Last night when I got home from the hospital, there was a message with a blocked phone number.
I was told my account or accounts owe the IRS money and if I don't contact them immediately, they will freeze my bank accounts, put a lean on my house and are going to send an agent to collect what I owe soon if I don't contact them immediately.
It was such an amateur digital recording I had to laugh. I wrote down the number they wanted me to call, and googled it. It is a number connected to a lot of scams.
The IRS website said they send out letters, but never make phone calls of that nature. There website also states if you believe you are being scammed, you can call the IRS and they will look your account over to see if you have any monies owed to them. I'll pass on that call.

PostSubject: Re: IRS wants everything I own NOT!   IRS wants everything I own NOT! EmptyFebruary 25th 2015, 2:03 pm

Yeah I'd pass on that IRS call too. They are so low on manpower now that they probably wouldn't check your account even if they said they were going to. But better to not tip them off anyway.

I'd call that the fake IRS people and have some fun. Be a good time for a laugh. And its not like they aren't asking for it. They literally are.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: IRS wants everything I own NOT!   IRS wants everything I own NOT! EmptyFebruary 25th 2015, 3:01 pm

I called the number back and said I was Sgt. Lawrence for the Lacey Police Department. They immediately hung up. And I really wanted to screw with them!

Another scam I get about every two weeks is one for auto insurance. It sounds like it comes from Africa. The first time they called I told them the owner moved, but my name is Tom Mix who was a famous movie star before they had sound, and do they want an autographed photo?
I have told them I own the county and don't need insurance as I am the governor.
I have told them our county doesn't have cars, only helicopters.
I have told them to hold on for a minute and went back to eating supper.
I have told them we only ride camels here.
I have told them Tom Mix has been dead for quite a while and that is a clue for me that lets me know they are just salesmen, yet they still call, so I still screw with them.

PostSubject: Re: IRS wants everything I own NOT!   IRS wants everything I own NOT! Empty

Back to top Go down

IRS wants everything I own NOT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: