Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept

Go down 
+4
pup
Diesel Dan
ggbaird
Hilux
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept Empty
PostSubject: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 20th 2014, 10:44 am

Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2015-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-concept-01

Quote :
LOS ANGELES – Chevrolet today introduced the Colorado ZR2 concept – a vision of how Chevrolet could take the all-new midsize truck’s off-road capability to the next level. It also showcases the new 2.8L Duramax diesel engine that will arrive in the Colorado lineup later next year.

The aggressively styled concept builds on the capabilities of the production Colorado Z71 and advances the legacy of Chevrolet’s previous ZR2 production models.

“From the bold stance to the trail-ready special equipment, the Colorado ZR2 is all about the fun of driving where the pavement ends – and doing it in characteristic Chevy style,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. “Chevrolet has a heritage of the ZR2 representing the ultimate in production-based off-road capability and we’ll gauge the public’s interest in this concept as we continue to explore the possibilities for the all-new Colorado.”

The Colorado ZR2’s imposing stance is four inches wider than a production Colorado Z71, with features including new front and rear fascias designed to increase approach and departure angles when driving off road. Ground clearance and rough terrain are handled with a two-inch lift and integral skid plates, while the wider track helps enhance stability in potentially unstable situations.

The Colorado ZR2’s greater approach and departure angles – 30.7 and 22.7 degrees, respectively, versus the Z71’s 25/21 degrees – are enabled by all-new off-road fascias that drastically reduce front and rear overhang. They also feature integrated, flip-out aluminum tow hooks and the front fascia incorporates a built-in winch.

“The design of the ZR2 concept is all about functionality,” said Johnson. “It is inspired by the needs for traversing rock-strewn trails, as well as the aesthetics of competition-style vehicles such as pre-runners – with all elements contributing to safe, sustainable off-road driving.”

More at GM Media
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 20th 2014, 10:47 am

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2015-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-concept-02

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2015-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-concept-03

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2015-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-concept-04

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2015-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-concept-05

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2015-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-concept-06

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2015-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-concept-07
Back to top Go down
Hilux

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 20th 2014, 2:56 pm

Sweet truck that's the reason GM wont make it , or if they do it will be a decal kit like the Z71 .
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 20th 2014, 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 20th 2014, 4:21 pm

I could see myself owning one in a couple years.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 10:51 am

TheQuig wrote:

Really?
You're retired now so it just 5 yr old mini-vans with ramp access from here out old man! lol!
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 1:43 pm

Somehow, all of GM's great concepts end up being a couple of decals and a block of cheese once it hits production.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 3:45 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
TheQuig wrote:

Really?
You're retired now so it just 5 yr old mini-vans with ramp access from here out old man! lol!

Well, I just made a deal to be a substitute teacher for my town. Until I start receiving my pension, and I can't apply for SS until the end of April, I need some cash flow. One good thing about making less money is my share of my sons college tuition goes down. His school is $58K/year with after scholarships I owe $22.5K. Hoping to knock that down quite a bit.

You have to live life to the end, no mini-van again for me. I really wanted a Jeep like Jason has, but that Colorado, if it stays the same looks tempting.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 24th 2014, 11:46 am

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3595_zpsd3dc7001

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3601_zpsd787bfa9

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3600_zpsbcefbb49

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3598_zps66fd5e5d

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3597_zps1ba7d580

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3614_zps5cbbee8a

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3616_zps0bfc7ae8

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3618_zps49030225

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept SAM_3632_zps8d569a53

Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 24th 2014, 11:51 am

Pretty production ready concept. Notice the CV angles on the front drive shafts, this isn't simply a lift kit. Small things will change likely. Exposed shock reservoirs, flip up tow hooks, wheel style, wench maybe as an option.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyNovember 24th 2014, 1:53 pm

I agree, I think the suspension will change and I don't see the winch as a standard item.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 19th 2016, 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Hilux

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 19th 2016, 1:50 pm

Looks pretty good .
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 20th 2016, 12:51 am

Hopefully not a crew cab only option like the diesel.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 21st 2016, 10:58 am

Because there's three people out there clamoring for a regular cab, long bed, WT trim, ZR2 suspensioned truck.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 12:18 pm

What about those that would want a ext cab version?

I'm all for a Diesel ZR2, just not in loaded, CC, LTZ, trim only.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 2:38 pm

That's a significant decision for the business and the supporting market. We haven't seen Ford bring the Raptor down market. The decision hinges on high margins included on the high trim, high capable optioned trucks. The fixed costs, to manufacture 4k trucks don't dramatically change low or high trim. Its a business decision on margin % per unit. If the market allows the high trim, high price units to languish and not sell, then we might see the manufacturers change course.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 25th 2016, 2:41 pm

If it was all about ROI and margins GM shouldn't be in China.
GM China sells more units than the N/A market but less than 1/10 of the profits. And that has been for several years now.

Show me the ROI calculations for the "power dome" hood on the last year Terrain. Just that change cost millions of dollars for what? A end of cycle product that was already selling every unit produced with little rebates?

Hell, at what point do they cut bait on Cadillac?
Their biggest sellers, and profit generators, are basically rebadged Chevys. Billions of dollars and almost 20 years into the latest turn around has done what for the brand?

Wow Shocked
That took a sideways spin!
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 25th 2016, 8:34 pm

It was never declared that RIO was the sole reason for existence for a vehicle manufacturer. It however is a significant factor in how trims and option groups are configured and offered to the market.

I don't have to show you jack squat.

Feel free to your hearts content to cite whatever RIO on whatever you want at nauisum.

In the deep of night armchair quarterbacks come out of the woods and know exactly how to make every car company a grand success.

Diesel Dan wrote:

Wow Shocked
That took a sideways spin!

Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 26th 2016, 11:26 am

Get a government bailout and you cant lose! Success for everyone!!!! LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept 2602728110
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 26th 2016, 11:58 am

Bernie Motors--lol
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 27th 2016, 6:54 pm

GM took the chinese bait/bailout and now 52% of GM's sales come from china. It's good when china is booming and willing to play ball with foreign companies otherwise not so good.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 28th 2016, 12:04 am

They play ball until they can learn how to do what they do then they screw them over and undercut their products with a domestic version for half the price.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept EmptyFebruary 29th 2016, 2:25 pm

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept Chevrolet-colorado-zr2-prototype-spy-photos-10

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept Chevrolet-colorado-zr2-prototype-spy-photos-09
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept   LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept Empty

Back to top Go down

LAAS: Chevrolet Reveals Colorado ZR2 Concept
Page 1 of 1