Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Depositing checks with a smart phone:

Go down 
+3
Diseasel
ggbaird
TheQuig
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Depositing checks with a smart phone: Empty
PostSubject: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 17th 2013, 6:06 pm

I really like this feature. We get checks in the mail every once in a while and they will sit in a drawer until someone finally makes it to the bank to deposit. Our paychecks are direct deposit, I pay bills online, so this is the next progression. I deposited 3 checks with my phone today, they suggest you hang on to the checks for 14 days before destroying them. I just put them in my gun safe and will then shred them. Having ATM's with no fees make it too easy to stay away from banks.

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 17th 2013, 6:40 pm

I literally CANNOT remember the last time I used the teller at any bank. I always use the ATMs for deposits and wasn't even aware you could deposit with your smart phone. Not surprised though.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 17th 2013, 11:29 pm

It's a nice feature.
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 18th 2013, 9:56 am

My credit union provides the smartphone feature as well. We use it all the time, otherwise we have to physically mail the check to the credit union. Awesome feature.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 18th 2013, 10:51 pm

I use the teller when doing large deposits or with-drawls. I forget my bank has the feature on the app, and deposit at the atm.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 7:45 am

Not ripping on any one, just rambling...

The cashless society is in full swing, whats next? No checkout girls at the supermarket, oh wait thats started, self serve gas, on-line shopping,drive through windows (not new at all), texting instead of speaking,working from home. We complain of no work, but are we techno'ing ourselves right into oblivion???

Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 8:03 am

Bambam wrote:

The cashless society is in full swing, whats next? No checkout girls at the supermarket, oh wait thats started, self serve gas, on-line shopping,drive through windows (not new at all), texting instead of speaking,working from home. We complain of no work, but are we techno'ing ourselves right into oblivion???

I'm sure there is something to that, but shipping our manufacturing out to cheap labor in third world countries is doing far more damage to our economy.
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 9:08 am

Bambam wrote:

Survival of the fitest... it takes people with brains to run those technologies so it eliminates the idiots.
Back to top Go down
GMC D-Max

GMC D-Max

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 9:30 am

Bambam wrote:

I purposely avoid the "self-checkout" stands at the grocery stores. I actually like interacting with a human being on my way out. Especially if she's a looker. Depositing checks with a smart phone: 2602728110 As far as the self-serve gas goes, only reason I'd want to interact with anyone is if they're going to wash my windows and lights, and check my oil while I'm waiting. Otherwise, I don't need some pump monkey spraying fuel all over the side of my truck, or dragging the nozzle down the bed side.

As far as the cashless society thing, I'm already cashless... If there's any cash in my wallet, my wife takes it.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 1:09 pm

Out sourcing is a real problem, trying to eliminate people as cashiers, bank tellers,pump jockeys, well how long til we eliminate the need for all of us?

Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 2:15 pm

Starting to sound like a Schwarzenegger movie is imminent.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 3:13 pm

ggbaird wrote:
Starting to sound like a Schwarzenegger movie is imminent.

Razz

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: EmptyMarch 19th 2013, 10:03 pm

I live in one of the two states in the country that don't allow you to pump your own gas and prices are cheaper than most other states.

There are times where I like to go through the self-service check out at home depot and other times with large purchases, I would rather have a cashier. The past several times I had to go to the bank the lines were long to wait in. If I didn't need access to a safe deposit box I wouldn't step in a bank again.

PostSubject: Re: Depositing checks with a smart phone:   Depositing checks with a smart phone: Empty

Back to top Go down

Depositing checks with a smart phone:
Page 1 of 1