HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

No Soup for the US

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joemac

PostSubject: No Soup for the US   May 14th 2014, 12:04 pm

^ From Seinfeld

No rockets, no seats.

Russia to ban US from using Space Station over Ukraine sanctions

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10828964/Russia-to-ban-US-from-using-Space-Station-over-Ukraine-sanctions.html

Quote :
In retaliation for imposing sanctions, Russia will also bar its rocket engines from launching US military satellites.

Russia is to deny the US future use of the International Space Station beyond 2020 and will also bar its rocket engines from launching US military satellites as it hits back at American sanctions imposed over Ukraine crisis.

Russia’s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin announced a series of punitive measures on Tuesday against the US in response to sanctions imposed after Russia annexed Crimea.

The two countries have long cooperated closely on space exploration despite their clashes in foreign policy.

The Space Station is manned by both American and Russian crew, but the only way to reach it is by using Russia’s Soyuz spacecraft.

The US is keen to keep the $100 billion (£600) ISS flying until at least 2024, four years beyond its original target.

Ironic we use Russian rocket engines to launch payloads into space. Well what's to be expected when the President and NASA Director declare NASA to be a Muslim outreach program.

Greatest country in the world? More like a country on a fast rate of decline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: Re: No Soup for the US   May 14th 2014, 12:39 pm

I'm sad for our country. Hopefully whoever replaces Obama won't also hate America.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: No Soup for the US   May 14th 2014, 2:17 pm

I've told my Dad many times I believe he has lived through the greatest time in our countries history. In the 70's deception and corruption have appeared to have proliferated, then again in the mid 80's we simply stomped the accelerator. After 911 we've left the accelerated matted no matter what's in front of us. Balls to the wall until they crash the whole shooting match.

I would like the opportunity to meet the people that made the decision to have the US space program outsource rocket engines to Russia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: No Soup for the US   May 15th 2014, 12:48 am

Hmm, what if Russia says no to the Soyuz capsule as well?

SpaceX better hurry and retrofit the Dragon capsule with some seats for a return home trip!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Soup for the US   

Back to top Go down

No Soup for the US
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1