Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One job always leads to another

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

One job always leads to another Empty
PostSubject: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyApril 26th 2014, 6:44 pm

My son will be home from college for the summer in about 2 weeks. His Honda Civic has been sitting for 6 weeks without being driven, so I decided to drive it to work one day last week. Walking up to it I notice the rotors are rusting up. Good idea to drive it and get the rust down. As soon as I pull out of the driveway, I notice there is almost no gas in the car, and the oil change light says 10% left. Tire light shows all the tires are low on air. Sounds like the brake pads don't like the rust, so I put it back in the drive and wait until today to do some PM. I put the car up on the ramps, and my 15 year old pulls the drain plug and starts the oil change. We bought the car new in 2010, and I really don't know much about the maintenance on it beside the oil changes. So I'm looking at the engine and notice that some wires look like someone was stripping them with a knife, most likely a chipmonk. After taping them up and seeing some are only hanging on by a few strands of wire, I decide whatever it is, it needs replacement. As it turns out, it's the oxygen sensor. Autozone wants $198 for a new sensor and wire. RockAuto had one Bosch left in stock for $107 with a promo code number. Now I see I need a special crow foot type socket, another $27 from Amazon. Boy, weekends are fun!

joemac

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyApril 26th 2014, 9:25 pm

That's always the way it works. Start something simple, one thing leads to another. Least to do it right.

Thanks for letting us know you've got the tools to change the O2, now we know who to call when ours needs replaced.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyApril 27th 2014, 12:03 pm

You can borrow the tools from AutoZone, but I rather own my tools. Now I'm wondering if I should jack up the car and see if they chewed any other wires. No one in my house is skinny enough to fit under the Civic.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyMay 1st 2014, 7:47 pm

I put the sensor in today, took a total of 10 minutes. I wish all repairs were that easy. Looks like I'll take the Honda to work tomorrow.

shatto

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyMay 3rd 2014, 10:20 pm

One job always leads to another Copenhagen-zoo-snake-bus-1024-20261
Take the Bus!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyMay 4th 2014, 12:28 pm

There is only one bus here. I would have to walk 1 mile to get on, and then 5 miles to work from where I would get off. Maybe a good rickshaw service would help.

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyMay 4th 2014, 2:59 pm

That is a pretty cool ad for the Zoo though.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another EmptyMay 4th 2014, 3:23 pm

cool pic!!

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One job always leads to another   One job always leads to another Empty

Back to top Go down

One job always leads to another
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: