Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Initial Hail Damage Estimate

Go down 
+2
TheQuig
pup
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Initial Hail Damage Estimate Empty
PostSubject: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 22nd 2014, 5:05 pm

First estimate from my insurance adjuster was for 2 grand worth of damage on the truck.

Interesting tidbit is he told me he had to allow more for the hood because it's aluminum. I'm going to have to research that a bit.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 22nd 2014, 7:02 pm

That sucks! We had a 2002 Suburban that had an aluminum rear hatch. I found out when I tried to put on some soccer magnets.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 27th 2014, 1:39 pm

Took it by Herbs Paint and Body here in Allen yesterday morning. They didn't even want to see the truck, just the estimate from my insurance co. Said they'd start from there and call them back out.

I told them they shot high to get it taken care of asap. He then proceeded to tell me no one does that and many times, there are dents no one can see.

I asked him what their rate was on invisible dents and what kind of proof and assurance I could have that they did, in fact, fix the invisible dents.

They asked me to leave at that point...lol. Phucking crooks.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 27th 2014, 1:51 pm

Invisible dents... LMAO
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 27th 2014, 2:31 pm

You should report them to BBB. I've had to deal with unethical shops, and cant stand them.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 27th 2014, 4:44 pm

Paintless Dent Repair is one thing.....Dentless Dent Repair is quite another.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 27th 2014, 6:39 pm

I wonder how many people fall for that line of BS?

pup

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 27th 2014, 7:11 pm

Lots apparently, they became quite pissed when I asked that in a lobby full of prospective customers.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 28th 2014, 6:28 pm

Darren (owner) at Texas Body Works next to Addison airport is a pretty sound guy.  They did a great job on PDR and paint work to my wife's vehicle.  I'm at the 99 percentile for being picky.  She only had a few hail dents, five maybe, from a different storm right after we got her car.  You might give them an evaluation.

Their glass guy who did the quarter glass removal seems to have messed up three interior panels and headliner.  Looks as if I sent my 10 year old back there with a screw driver and said have at it.  Called Darren, he said to drop it off with him, he'll give my wife something to drive and allow him to address it.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyApril 29th 2014, 10:34 am

Thanks, I'll try to check with them too.
Back to top Go down
shatto

shatto

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate EmptyMay 6th 2014, 9:44 pm

Ford doesn't the new all aluminum pickup will cause problems.
I remember the thin aluminum of the Land Rover was hard to work with.
I think the reason for the cost on your hood is to replace it because the bracing won't allow bodywork.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Initial Hail Damage Estimate   Initial Hail Damage Estimate Empty

Back to top Go down

Initial Hail Damage Estimate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: