HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Nevada rancher stand off.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 23rd 2014, 1:59 pm

Scout wrote:
they will also be discussing California issues that don't affect many of you.

If only it was that simple. Many things started in CA spread across the nation over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pup

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 23rd 2014, 2:04 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Scout wrote:
they will also be discussing California issues that don't affect many of you.

If only it was that simple. Many things started in CA spread across the nation over time.

Mainly, the Californians that started it fleeing their own mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 25th 2014, 11:02 am

I'm guessing Cliven Bundy just lost most of the support he was getting. After this he will be mostly on his own.

Quote :
Cliven Bundy, the controversial Nevada rancher resisting a federal court order alongside armed members of the militia movement, shared his unorthodox perspective on race relations and American slavery with The New York Times earlier this week:

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, "and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids—and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch—they didn't have nothing to do. They didn't have nothing for their kids to do. They didn't have nothing for their young girls to do.

"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he asked. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/04/why-nevada-home-of-cliven-bundy-abolished-slavery-twice/361175/#disqus_thread
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pup

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 25th 2014, 11:14 am

The mindless left is already using that as an example that ALL Republicans are racist.

He piss poorly articulated that the black population here in America traded one master for another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 25th 2014, 11:42 am

Yea, I've already heard the connections being made to his statements, ALL republicans, and racism. The righteous left is too blind to see one mans comments don't = everyone's beliefs. Not to mention how many so called liberal democrats I've come across in my life that had little tolerance for anything different from themselves. Your also rite about how what he meant and what came out of his mouth are two different things. But that's not going to matter now that the sound bite is out. That piss poorly articulated statement is going to be used to destroy the man and any credibility he had. I don't think Bundy really cares what comes of it, but even if he did, I don't think he would be given the chance to correct or clarify anything. All the talking heads and politicians are already back peddling and distancing themselves from him.

The part that bothers me the most is that the symbol of government over reach and the man fighting it has been made out to be an ignorant loon. The damage can not be undone now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 25th 2014, 3:07 pm

His statements were an opportunity for the liberal elite to add much to the character assassination that's been going on since day one.  Not the most eloquently spoken or chosen words.  Though no one is far from perfect.  How he was conjured onto that subject matter or why he choose to speak on it is unfortunate.  Selectively applying the 1st amendment is also used when people simply refused to even listen, whether its harsh, pleasant, right, or wrong.

In popular culture racism is only ever demonstrated when it'a a Caucasian is the perpetrator.  Never the inverse.

The reality is that racism is everywhere and downplayed by many ethic groups when they are perpetrate such in a disingenuous attempt to gain power over another.  

True factual racism no matter the source, isn't spoken of in today's society or popular culture in it's factual occurrence.

Example the FBI Uniform Crime reports indicate a race issue that's far different than what the media, popular culture, or society tries to sell us. These are real quantifiable metrics that don't fit the racism agenda that's being pushed, thus they will never ever be referenced or discussed.

Last edited by joemac on April 25th 2014, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pup

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 25th 2014, 3:14 pm

The part the NY Times edited out...

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/unedited-tape-bundy-emerges-sheds-light-racist-remarks

and so what I've testified to you -- I was in the Watts riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen that last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people are thinking they don't have their freedoms, they didn't have these things, and they didn't have them.

We've progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and we sure don't want to go back. We sure don't want the colored people to go back to that point. We sure don't want these Mexican people to go back to that point. And we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

Odd how that happens repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 26th 2014, 11:14 am

Creative editing does wonders to context.  What a shock.  Not a first and not the last.  MSNBC did it on the George Zimmerman 911 call. They won't stop.  They'll keep trying. The people need to remain vigilant.

http://www.infowars.com/black-marines-cliven-bundy-is-not-racist/

Charlie Delta Marine wrote:
The media distorts information to the point of social division. This is a photo of myself and the resilient, often charismatic, and maybe not so tactful Cliven Bundy. He’s a cowboy and a helluva family man, not an orator. One thing he definitely isn’t – a racist. I found his comments to not only be NOT racist, but his own view of his experiences. Who the heck are we to determine another man’s perspective on the world around him?! Just because Picasso’s view of the world was abstract, does it negate the fact that his art was genuine? Furthermore, if you take the time to do your own research, you’ll find that his statements about some black Americans actually hold weight. He posed a hypothetical question. He said, “I wonder IF” … Hell, I’m black and I often wonder about the same about the decline of the black family. Bottom line is that we are all slaves in this waning republic, no matter our skin color. Mr. Bundy could have used any racial demographic as an example: Native Americans on reservations, whites in trailer parks, etc. He noticed the crippling effects of receiving government “assistance” and the long term result of accepting handouts. It’s not progress at all. I challenge Sean Hannity, Rand Paul, and others to read my comment and reconsider their position in this matter. Individual liberties are at stake here, yours and mine. THAT is the issue. Don’t let the liberal media and ignoramuses like Glenn Beck and that weasel Harry Reid make you lose sight of the real issue here: The federal government is a burgeoning behemoth and a bully on a once constitutional playground.I sincerely hope you real patriots out there who can see through the smoke.

Last edited by joemac on April 26th 2014, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 26th 2014, 11:57 am

I bet no major network will put that story out. The left got the soundbite they wanted and I don't think the damage that has been done can be undone now. Makes me wonder if there is any integrity to be found in most reporting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   April 27th 2014, 12:25 am

While I may still be at odds with how Mr. Bundy is/has handled the grazing fee issue I do agree with his comments on slave/government hand-out comparison. He made valid points but unfortunately is not a well versed public speaker. Actually it wasn't THAT bad of a speech just not P.C. for todays masses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevada rancher stand off.   

Back to top Go down

Nevada rancher stand off.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3