Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When's Easter?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 2:29 pm

Ok, I usually go off on a tangent every year around this time because of frickin' Easter. How is this guy can have his birthday on the exact same day every year, yet he resurrects himself (with a little help from Dad of course) on a different day every year? Is there confusion in the church and all they know is that it's sometime within this one month time frame or what? I don't get it!! scratch
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 2:38 pm

Careful now, the pope has some free time on his hands and may have to personally visit you for "re-education" purposes.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 2:45 pm

Do you mean the ex-Nazi Pope, or the soon-to-be new one? No offense intended. Question
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 3:13 pm

Hey.
Back to top Go down
GMC D-Max

GMC D-Max

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 3:40 pm

ggbaird wrote:
Do you mean the ex-Nazi Pope, or the soon-to-be new one? No offense intended. Question

Then why the Nazi reference?
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 3:49 pm

He was 'in fact' a Nazi. I thought that was common knowledge. From Wiki...

Quote :
Ratzinger's family, especially his father, bitterly resented the Nazis, and his father's opposition to Nazism resulted in demotions and harassment of the family.[23] Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was conscripted into the Hitler Youth—as membership was required by law for all 14-year-old German boys after December 1939[24]—but was an unenthusiastic member who refused to attend meetings, according to his brother.[25] In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was taken away by the Nazi regime and murdered during the Action T4 campaign of Nazi eugenics.[26] In 1943, while still in seminary, he was drafted into the German anti-aircraft corps as Luftwaffenhelfer (air force child soldier).[25] Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry.[27] As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he deserted back to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established a headquarters in the Ratzinger household.[28] As a German soldier, he was put in a POW camp but was released a few months later at the end of the war in May 1945.[28] He reentered the seminary, along with his brother Georg, in November.

No big deal. It's not like he had any say in the matter. FWIW, my Father-in-Law was also a Nazi. Both him and his brother were taken from their home in Latvia and forced into it. He never saw any of his immediate family again. He was captured by the Brits and put in a Belgian POW camp for a year and a half and fled to Canada when he got out.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 4:24 pm

Yea, I always thought Easter was in April and then I learned Easter always follows a long drunkin' binge where rabbits carouse and make chickens consume strange colored foods.

Back to top Go down
GMC D-Max

GMC D-Max

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 4:27 pm

I think anybody who knows who the (now former) Pope is, is aware of his background.

I think what Bones and I are questioning (and I'm not Catholic, BTW... can't speak for Bones, but I'm assuming he is) is why that's the one descriptor you would choose in reference to him, when there's much more (good) to him than that.

Wink

Last edited by GMC D-Max on March 8th 2013, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 4:28 pm

Actually I am Catholic, however, I was just channeling my inner "Si" from Duck Dynasty.

Hey.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 4:42 pm

GMC D-Max wrote:
I think anybody who knows who the (now former) Pope is, is aware of his background.

I think what Bones and I are questioning (and I'm not Catholic, BTW... can't speak for Bones, but I'm assuming he is) is why that's the one descriptor you would choose in reference to him, when there's much more (good) to him than that.

Wink

It's just a word. I figured someone might not like it so that's why I added the last sentence and I meant it. I've never been good at 'Political Correctness'.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 9th 2013, 11:49 am

ggbaird wrote:
I've never been good at 'Political Correctness'.
They have a "school" in Siberia to "help" with that. What a Face
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 9th 2013, 1:00 pm

No help for me... No
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? EmptyMarch 9th 2013, 3:58 pm

ggbaird wrote:
Ok, I usually go off on a tangent every year around this time because of frickin' Easter. How is this guy can have his birthday on the exact same day every year, yet he resurrects himself (with a little help from Dad of course) on a different day every year? Is there confusion in the church and all they know is that it's sometime within this one month time frame or what? I don't get it!! scratch

To answer the question I think it all comes down to keeping buts in pew seats and money flowing from wallets. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When's Easter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When's Easter?   When's Easter? Empty

Back to top Go down

When's Easter?
Page 1 of 1