HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wax recommendations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rustbucket

PostSubject: Wax recommendations?   March 9th 2014, 1:35 pm

Wax recommendations? ... what do you guys like? It might hit 47F here today (haven't seen temps like that since last year) and it's time to start thinking about spiffing up the vehicles. Got some Meguiar's  Black Wax to try on DW's last fall but it got too cold... will probably clay bar it first when I get around to doing it- it's the first wax job on it.  Not sure what I'll use on mine. Used to use Nu Finish on the Ranger and it worked pretty much as advertised. Not the best shine I've seen but it lasted which what I was interested in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: Wax recommendations?   April 22nd 2014, 9:58 am

I like the Eagle One Nano Wax. It's easy to apply and remove without any crusty dusty stuff left behind.

Meguiar's has always had good products. Used their waxes, polishes and cleaners for years. They were the standard in the industry for a long time.

Meguiar's and others have jumped on the orbital buffer (Dual Action branded DA) products. The Meguiar's unit adapts to a drill. There are better more costly solutions, like a purpose built buffer.

I've got a 10" orbital buffer using foam and microfiber pads. Use this mostly for polishing but can be used for applying wax or other products as well. Nice thing about the orbital is that its pretty much fool proof unlike circular buffers the orbital is much slower speed and its action dual action prevents the the row of swirls we've all seen on paint jobs.

3M offers a full line of consumer products as well. Used their fine cut compound, and PerfecIT products and glaze products with good results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wax recommendations?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1