Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots

Go down 
+3
Diseasel
pup
ggbaird
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots Empty
PostSubject: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyFebruary 27th 2014, 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyFebruary 27th 2014, 7:15 pm

This week a lot porter will fill one with unleaded. Wait for it.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyFebruary 27th 2014, 8:40 pm

Holey Toledo! I'll have to head over for a test drive within the next month.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyFebruary 28th 2014, 1:28 am

Way to go RAM, your most popular truck configuration is made in the US!
Too bad GM closed Jainsville, Pontiac truck and Sherevport assembly plants.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyFebruary 28th 2014, 6:40 pm

I called a local dealer and he says they have one on display. Says they just pulled it up front this morning and it will be at the dealership until this weekend. He says he can start it up and let me listen to it but it isn't available for test drives. That all sounds pretty good.

I show up and the salesman can't find the key. After the second hunting session he says "Chrysler has it, they don't want us to start it up." That was a waste of time.

It was a loaded Laramie, looked nice, clean, says it had about 15,000 miles on it, had AZ manufacturer plates so it's been driving around AZ for a little while.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyFebruary 28th 2014, 6:53 pm

How did they get it off the truck if Chrysler has the key?
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 1st 2014, 12:23 am

I think it was assigned to a regional chrysler employee. He was spreading the love by dropped it off at different dealers for training and a little bit of customer PR. I'm not sure I buy the idea that the key was gone though.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 14th 2014, 11:17 am

It's been over 2 weeks now since that video and I still can't find a single peep online, no dealers are selling, or for that matter no one reports owning one. Malaysian Airlines must be transporting them to the dealerships.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 14th 2014, 1:13 pm

Salem Jeep/Ram keeps advertising an allocation of 50.
I know they have a lot of Cummins powered trucks.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 14th 2014, 7:01 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Way to go RAM, your most popular truck configuration is made in the US!

If you want a regular cab or an HD though, you're out of luck ... it's all "Hecho en Mexico".
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 14th 2014, 9:25 pm

I called Dave Smith Motors, reportedly the #1 Dodge/Ram/Chrysler/Jeep dealer. They have an ecodiesel demo available to drive and they will take orders but they have no idea when they will receive ecodiesels. Something makes me think there's more going on to this story.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 15th 2014, 12:12 am

rustbucket wrote:
If you want a regular cab or an HD though, you're out of luck ... it's all "Hecho en Mexico".

What happened to the St. Louis plant that made HDs?
I know there was a time when some came from Mexico and others for the US plant.

Never mind, just googled it and see where they closed both plants. Crying or Very sad 

With Ram sales doing so well I bet they wish for that capacity back.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 28th 2014, 10:04 am

I finally saw an online reference to a Wisconsin dealer having its first ecodiesel on the lot. I think it was an article dated 3 days ago.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 28th 2014, 10:14 am

On average it takes two to six weeks for produced vehicles to hit the lots. Tracking some of my own, they'll sit for days at a transfer station. Getting onto rail, off rail, etc. I've seen some wait for 10 weeks for a delivery. It's all over the map.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 28th 2014, 11:15 am

It's gonna be 2015 before the 2014 trucks are widely available. Maybe the better way to go is just wait a few more months so you can get a good deal on the outgoing model as dealers try and make room for the new ones.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyMarch 28th 2014, 1:15 pm

Scout wrote:
It's gonna be 2015 before the 2014 trucks are widely available.

There is a person over at GMI that ordered his '14 Silverado in October '13 and still hasn't taken delivery.
GM has one of the best gas engines in the 6.2L V8 but has constrained production so bad it's like unobtainable.

Edit:
Salem Dodge/Ram has a paper add stating 50 eco-diesel 1/2 tons on the lot with more coming.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots EmptyApril 8th 2014, 11:43 am

I checked several ecodiesel forums and only one person has an ecodiesel in possession. Everyone else seems dumbfounded by delivery delays. Some say their trucks are in an unknown state of delay. They are in shipment status but remain at the manufacturer.

We need Paul Harvey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots   EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots Empty

Back to top Go down

EcoDiesel Hitting the Lots
Page 1 of 1