Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Radically Invasive Projectile

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Radically Invasive Projectile Empty
PostSubject: Radically Invasive Projectile   Radically Invasive Projectile EmptyJanuary 26th 2014, 2:24 pm

Radically Invasive Projectile Image24

They call it the R.I.P. round and with good reason. G2 Research has released a new ammo that is taking the market by storm.

As of now, the company is only releasing specifications for their 9mm round:

* 16″ Penetration
* Up to 6″ diameter spread
* 96 gr projectile
* 2″ grouping at 25 yrds
* 1265 FPS / 490 Muzzle Energy
* 9 Separate Wound Channels
* Precision Machined
* Solid Copper / Lead Free

Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Radically Invasive Projectile   Radically Invasive Projectile EmptyJanuary 26th 2014, 3:06 pm

It's a very expensive round. From what I understand it is really to dangerous to be used as with 9 separate fragments, if a cop shoots someone with it, there is a big chance someone nearby could also be hit.

PostSubject: Re: Radically Invasive Projectile   Radically Invasive Projectile EmptyJanuary 26th 2014, 4:48 pm

That is odd. Probably only good for close quarters but has ricochet disadvantage. I thought frangible rounds were considered the best in close quarters.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Radically Invasive Projectile   Radically Invasive Projectile EmptyJanuary 26th 2014, 5:13 pm

From what I have read about them, even if your target is close and all the fragments go into the person, they are meant to spread through out the body and some of the exit the body and into another object. They could be good in certain situations (war), but say a hostage nearby won't be safe to use.

PostSubject: Re: Radically Invasive Projectile   Radically Invasive Projectile Empty

Back to top Go down

Radically Invasive Projectile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: