Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs

Go down 
+3
pup
ggbaird
Diseasel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs Empty
PostSubject: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 21st 2014, 10:48 pm

There goes the small fuel savings...

Quote :
... the swap to aluminum will send ripples deep into the insurance and repair industries, both of which could significantly impact used vehicle pricing down the road. Some experts are saying that insuring a new F-150 could cost as much as 10 percent more than insuring a conventional pickup.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/01/new-ford-f-150-owners-face-higher-insurance-repair-costs.html
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 6:28 am

How much of a jump in insurance can we expect to see? This could be a deal breaker for some people for sure. You know the insurance companies will be looking forward to raping their customers for a few more bucks.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 10:32 am

They say 10% more than a conventional pickup.

Gotta wonder if it will cost more up front too. If so, that plus lower resale, higher insurance and repair costs might make cost sensitive folks (businesses, etc) go elsewhere. Cash on the hood could help a little but those annual costs don't go away.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 11:29 am

10% insurance hike is about a tank of gas, if that much.

The complete lack of competent aluminum repair techs out there is the real concern, to me anyway.

I can't point to one thing but I don't really care for the looks of the new F150, so it's pretty much irrelevant to me in the end.

Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 11:40 am

pup wrote:

The complete lack of competent aluminum repair techs out there is the real concern, to me anyway.

I can't point to one thing but I don't really care for the looks of the new F150, so it's pretty much irrelevant to me in the end.

I think I like the way it looks, I just can't get past the no large V8.

since you had the ecobust and 395 hemi now. what are your thoughts?

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 12:11 pm

pup wrote:

As you know it depends where you live, how old you are, your credit scores, cost of the vehicle, coverage. Maybe an extra $100 to $300 per year.

Next on the hit parade is crash test results.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 12:59 pm

Breathing Borla wrote:

I was actually thinking about that very thing this morning. I think the HEMI is the faster of the two.

I had no gripes on the EcoBoost. It pulled hard and towed better, especially in Colorado at elevation.

But I do like this HEMI, now that I got a bit over 10grand on it, it runs like a scalded dog. And sounds good doing it.

I think the seats in the F150 were more comfortable, but I have no real gripes on mine.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 1:07 pm

As the industry tries to meet the regulations forced on it this will be more common. The reason only about 10% of shops are qualified to work on aluminium is because only about 10% of the cars on the road now use it. But as it gets more common (and I believe it will) and wide spread shops will adapt. Its either that or become irrelevant and close the doors. I really don't see this any differently than when the shops had to adapt to new computer cars the diagnostic, training, and equipment that came with it. The unfortunate part of all this is that it is one more step away from being able to do things in your own driveway. That and the regulations will constantly drive up, at least the initial cost, of all new cars and trucks.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 1:11 pm

pup wrote:
Breathing Borla wrote:

I was actually thinking about that very thing this morning. I think the HEMI is the faster of the two.

I had no gripes on the EcoBoost. It pulled hard and towed better, especially in Colorado at elevation.

But I do like this HEMI, now that I got a bit over 10grand on it, it runs like a scalded dog. And sounds good doing it.

I think the seats in the F150 were more comfortable, but I have no real gripes on mine.

you have the 6 speed and what rear? 3.55?

I have never driven an ecoboost, I am sure they pull nicely with the boost, I just love the sound of a big V8, the ram sport muffler sounds freakin awesome for a stock truck.

I can say that my 8 speed 3.92 truck moves pretty good, really pulls in every part of the RPM range.  The ZF trans has turned out to be a gem, so smooth and responsive.  Plus it has a 4.71 first gear in the trans Shocked

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 1:40 pm

6-speed and a 3.55 is what I have.

The only thing I pull any more is a 5x10 utility trailer with a 4wheeler on it. Maybe my Harley.

Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 2:22 pm

Trailing your Harley  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 3:01 pm

When 3 of us travel, there's no room on the Harley.

Simple physics.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 23rd 2014, 1:15 am

pup wrote:
Simple physics.

Physics says way more than 3 people can fit on one motorcycle.
Common sense says otherwise!
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 23rd 2014, 12:56 pm

In Bangalore I witnessed a man, woman, and goat on a bike much smaller than a typical Harley.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs EmptyJanuary 23rd 2014, 2:46 pm

ggbaird wrote:
How much of a jump in insurance can we expect to see? This could be a deal breaker for some people for sure.
It is not surprising the insurance cost will be higher.
Insurance on my Diesel is higher than a gas powered truck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs   F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs Empty

Back to top Go down

F-150 Owners to Pay more For Insurance & Repair Costs
Page 1 of 1