Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shatto

shatto

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 6:27 pm

Interesting slant AMERICA'S HUNTERS --- Pretty Amazing!

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world. (That’s more men under arms than in Iran . More than France and Germany combined. ) These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms and NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFE.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more.

________ The point? _______________________________________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower! Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.
It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought, when next we consider gun control, whether you agree with it or not.

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...

What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens???

For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 8:56 pm

Yes, there may be 40 or 50 million hunters, but how much ammunition do they have? I have seen that logic for the past few years, and the rumor was Japan didn't consider invading the U.S. because of all the hunters. That's just feel good talk.
I'm a hunter and have a variety of firearms, work with a lot of people that hunt and shoot for sport but most of them have very little ammunition.
Wars by the big guys on the block will not involve invasion to bring a country to its knees.
We need to be more worried about domestic agencies taking control. I'm not overly concerned about local, county or state agencies, more concerned by Homeland Security and other federal groups.

Scout

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 2:22 pm

Quig is rite. The government was never supposed to have more power than the people. Sadly, that has not been the case for a long time. We will be destroyed from within far sooner than from any outside power.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 3:48 pm

Nothing says America like: lock down, radiation scanners, helicopters, storm troopers in military gear, video surveillance, bomb dogs, gun boats, and NYPD in New Jersey's jurisdiction? We need a reboot on America to about 1964 so we can have a do over on this crap.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/12/10/nypd-super-bowl-security-will-be-high-tech-and-unprecedented/
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 10:36 pm

After watching the video and reading the article, I don't think the NYPD will actually be in NJ. All the events seem to be happening across the River in Manhattan. As the crow flies, it's not that far from Manhattan NYC to Met Life Stadium in NJ. I'm guessing my son will get to see the fireworks as his college sits up on the cliffs above the Hudson River.
But........I was shocked when the Port Authority of NY&NJ announced that they were taking over running the Atlantic City airport which is about 30 miles south of me and a good 90 miles or so south of NY.

If we reboot back to 1964, does this mean I have to go back to the 5th grade?

joemac

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 13th 2013, 11:46 am

The article isn't very clear on the jurisdiction bit. However it certainly introduces the ambiguity in the second paragraph when the NYPD counter Terrorism Bureau Inspector John O’Connell states about requiring a parking permit and is discouraging fans from driving.

The entire article only mentions NYPD, nothing about New Jersey law enforcement. Maybe the NYPD is just a mouth piece.

Going back to 5th grade wouldn't be so bad would it? Certainly better than being in 5th grade now. My daughter can attest to that. Get to see the first muscle car, GTO and first pony car Mustang debut. Good times for cars in that era.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters EmptyDecember 13th 2013, 2:53 pm

It seems NY and NJ dividing lines were drawn by a little kid. If you look at a map, the Statue of Liberty is clearly in NJ, but its listed as NYC.

I can still remember when the Mustang came out, our next door neighbor said it looked like a shoe box and would be gone by the next year. At the time, my brother had a 57 Chevy that he bought for $300.
My first car was a 55 Chrysler New Yorker that had the back seat the size of a bowling alley couch. Had to stop driving it as it had a huge V-8 that got 8 miles to the gallon and gas was .32.

I wouldn't mind going back to the 8th grade. I went to Catholic school and the girls wore plaid skirts. I still have a thing for a women wearing one today. Can't talk my wife into buying one lol.

Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters   Hunters Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: